• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Google Sheets not "Triggering" when a Script is activating the Trigger

Shlomo Z

I have an automation where Google Sheets is the trigger & Pabbly converts all of the data from GSheets into a Google Doc & eventually converts the GDoc into a PDF & saves the PDF to my dropbox.
The Automation works fine when the Trigger is manually pressed (by manually pressing a key on the keyboard).

However, I have about 100 lines per Google Sheet & many sheets that require this trigger via Automation per week.
It would take me too long to manually trigger each row.

To solve this issue, we came up with a Google Script that would help trigger each row Automatically (without having to manually press a button on the keyboard for each row).

However, when the Script automates the Trigger process in Gsheets, the automation in Pabbly does not get "Triggered" for some reason.

I want to know if there is something that I can do to Trigger the Pabbly automation when the Script is active.

Please see the video below which will give a much better understanding of what I am trying to accomplish & what is actually happening.

Link to Video: https://sendspark.com/share/qt3jrgiju9njif4t

@Neeraj @Pabbly Team

P

PabblyMember3

I guess you have used onEdit() in your script that allows you to trigger the data when you manually edit the triggering column.

You must have used a Time-Driven trigger event in your script or something similar to get that work.

Alternatively, you can use our own Google Sheets Addon - Pabbly Connect Webhooks that you can use in your sheet.

Check the following reference videos:

Pabbly Connect Webhooks provide you following options:
  1. Send On Event
    This option allows sending a specific row of data immediately as soon as the data is added to the trigger column of the row.

2. Auto Send on Schedule
    This option allows sending data being added from an external source to Google Sheet with a time interval of 1 hr. Open the sheet from where you want to send data, and then enable this option.

3. Send Custom Data
    This option allows sending data within a specific range of rows. Example- A2: B6.

4. Send All Data
    This option allows sending whole data from the sheet.
Try this addon once in your Google Sheet, I hope that will solve the problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shlomo Z

Hi,
Thanks for trying to help.
I think I wasn’t clear or maybe you misunderstood that video (if you didn’t watch the video, please watch it, it explains very well what’s going on)…

I am using the PABBLY Google Sheets extension for this workflow.
The “Trigger” step is a “Send on Event” where column “T” is the Trigger column.

Please take a look at the video to get a better understand of what I’m trying to accomplish & what is “not working”

Link to Video: https://sendspark.com/share/qt3jrgiju9njif4t

To summarize: The “Send on event” trigger is not triggering when the Google script enters text into column “T” (trigger column).

Please see video For more details.

P

PabblyMember3

I have checked the video again and would like to inform you that, Send on Event works for manual entries in the triggering column only.

If you are using any third-party application to create an entry inside your sheet then, you need to select the Auto Send on Schedule option of the extension which will trigger the data with a time interval of 1 hr to Pabbly Connect workflow.

I hope the script that you are using to enter values in the triggering column will work with Auto Send on Schedule.

Check it once after running your script and wait for an hr to get the data in the workflow.