• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

How to create a trigger for a new file in a Google Drive folder AND subfolders

Hi,
I'm trying to accomplish the following:

1- My workflow starts when a new video file is uploaded into a subfolder of a main Google Drive folder.
2- I'd like to get the new file details and append a new line to a different Google Sheet depending on the subfolder the new file has been uploaded to (let's say we have 3 subfolders, Italian, Spanish, English, or it, es, en). If the new file is uploaded to the Italian folder, I want to append a line to the "Italian" Google Sheet, and so on.
3- Then the video file is passed to an online transcription service, specifying the language - again - depending on the subfolder.
4- Finally, for each new file, I'd like to receive an alert on Mattermost.

I've already created a workflow that does 2, 3 and 4, but the trigger is a Google Drive step, that is, the workflow starts only if I specify a folder, not its subfolders. I thought I can use iteration and then a router step, but I'm not sure how to set them up.

Could you point me to the right solution?

If it's not clear, just let me know and I'll try to better explain.

Kind regards and TIA,

MC

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @marcocevoli

To fetch the subfolder from your Google Drive you can use " Google Drive: Get Sub Folders of a Folder " and place it after the trigger.

Kindly try this at your end and let us know if that works.

2022-01-27_15h50_33.png

Yes, this works, and I can even put an Iterator step after that to execute actions for each folder, BUT... I don't see any way to trigger a workflow AFTER you have retrieved the subfolders. You can't add a trigger for each item of the iterator, can you?

So, if you need to execute different actions depending on the subfolder, how can you do?

So, there is no way to check new files in a folder and its subfolders? Right now, anytime a user uploads a file into a language folder, a new subfolder is created.

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @marcocevoli

You can use "Google Drive: New File" as a trigger event which will take every new file entered in your Google Drive but then you can use the Filter action step which will only allow the file to process which is coming from your specific Id works same as a specific subfolder.

Kindly try this at your end and let us know if this works for you.

2022-01-31_10h49_01.png

2022-01-31_10h45_05.png