• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

How to schedule a Google calendar event in a specific time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ori D

Hello,

Perhaps someone in the community or in Pabbly connect supporters can guide me on how to do this workflow.

What I want to do is to create an event on Google calendar in a particular local time (not UTC). For instance, if a prospect fills a form between 00:00 and 7:59, an event would be created at exactly 8:00 local time. If the customer fills a form between 8:00 and 18:59, the event would be created automatically at the same time. Lastly, if the customer fills the form between 19:00 to 23:59, I want to create an event at 8:00 the day after local time.

I attempted to adjust the time and date to my local timezone, perform time calculations such as addition or subtraction, and apply filters to display only remaining time and decline dates. But nothing had worked for me. I also watched this video:
. Apparently there is no option to schedule a workflow which could have solved my problem.

So, I'm asking is there a way to schedule a Google calendar event in a specific time? If there isn't, how can I create a workflow that is the easiest and close to what I need?

Thank you in advance,

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
Hi @Ori D,

Could you please confirm what your local time zone is? Also, share the Workflow URL in which you have tried these steps that you are mentioning.

Ori D

Sorry if the workflow would look a bit complicated. I try to simplify it. That is why I refer to you.

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
Please check out the workflow shared below, which could help you create events according to the conditions you mentioned above:
I assume that the date/time received from Formaloo is in accordance with your local time (Jerusalem). If not, please let me know, and I will make some adjustments.
===========================================================================================

Before adding these steps to your workflow, I need you to click on the 'Save & Send Test Request' button in the Google Calendar action step of your Route 1 (00:00 to 07:59) and check if the event is being created at 09/11/2023 08:00 Local Time (Jerusalem) in your Google Calendar.
1699563510089.png

Ori D

Formaloo's scheduling timezone is in UTC, not in the Jerusalem timezone. So we need to kindly do the adjustments.

Ori D

Thank you for trying to help, but it does appoint the event at 12pm and not 8am as it should.

Attachments

• google calander events.png
    google calander events.png
    89.2 KB · Views: 35

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
I have made some adjustments to your workflow. Please click 'Save & Send Test Request' again to check if the events are now being created at their specified times.

Ori D

It worked. Thanks a lot! Can you please kindly tell me how did you do that? You have used the text formatter twice. What was the logic behind doing that?

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
The 'Greater than' and 'Less than' conditions operate on absolute values; they don't work with time. Therefore, we needed Text Formatter to get the Hour value, which could then be used in the Filter step. Otherwise, if we simply map the time without formatting (e.g., 12:00:00), it won't function properly because it's not supposed to work in that manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.