• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

How to use webhook data to match from a previous step in a workflow🙏

Mrjohnson

Question regarding webhooks.

Step 1: The Incoming webhook has the location ID.

Step 2: The next step is do a “get request” for all locations in the agency. I’ll grab the location api key for the location listed I. The first webhook

Step 3: this is where I’m stuck. I know I can do this via spreadsheet but I can’t figure out how to map the location ID(in step 1) to the location api in step 2.

In step 4: I need the location api to update a contact record. I tried look up table but I was t sure how to proceed.

Fagun Shah

When you click in the Endpoint URL field you get options to map values from above steps, if you are not seeing that please refresh the workflow page once -

1663563928810.png

Mrjohnson

When you click in the Endpoint URL field you get options to map values from above steps, if you are not seeing that please refresh the workflow page once -

View attachment 15753

Hey Thank you @Fagun Shah for your response. greatly appreciated! I have figured out how to do the first 3 steps I just can't find the API based on the location ID.

So step 1: I capture the webhook and grab the location ID, contact Id and the message body (easy Peezy)
Step 2: I use openAi to generate a response
Step 3: I get a list of all the locations in my agency via API and look for the location ID listed in step one. The API call allows me to get the location API. I need to grab this location API based on the Location ID. How do i do this?

I need to essentially send the OpenAi response back to the contact based on the location Id captured in step 1 and the location API captured in step 3.

I know this can be done via a spreadsheet where i push all the data there then search rows and columns. I also tried the lookup table in pabble but did not see a way to grab the Location API based on the ID

Fagun Shah

Hey Thank you @Fagun Shah for your response. greatly appreciated! I have figured out how to do the first 3 steps I just can't find the API based on the location ID.

So step 1: I capture the webhook and grab the location ID, contact Id and the message body (easy Peezy)
Step 2: I use openAi to generate a response
Step 3: I get a list of all the locations in my agency via API and look for the location ID listed in step one. The API call allows me to get the location API. I need to grab this location API based on the Location ID. How do i do this?

I need to essentially send the OpenAi response back to the contact based on the location Id captured in step 1 and the location API captured in step 3.

I know this can be done via a spreadsheet where i push all the data there then search rows and columns. I also tried the lookup table in pabble but did not see a way to grab the Location API based on the ID
So you need to Turn of the Simple Response for your API step and then click on Save and Send Test Request again. That will give you data in JSON Array format. Which then you can use inside the iterator which basically helps you to loop through each location id and API one by one from JSON Array.

After iterator step you can set filter to only execute action if the location id is matching from step 1.