• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

HTML page to RSS feed

demonboy

Hi,

Could you advise me on how best to take a non-rss html page and covert to RSS? Normally this is done by identifying the CSS selector and converting it to a standard RSS placeholder (author, description etc).

Thanks.

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @demonboy

Your specific use case is currently not supported by the platform.

However, if you could please provide a reference for the non-RSS HTML you wish to process and the conversion procedure? We will inform you if any functionality can be added to the platform in the near future.

demonboy

Hi, thanks for the reply. The content in question sits on a WP page at https://followtheboat.com/ytchan/

WordPress does not support easy RSS conversion of a page and what RSS it does try to create is not clean. Feed readers have problems dealing with it.

There are 'html page to RSS' converters out there and they work by identifying the CSS selectors, making them RSS placeholders instead. The problem they run into is not being able to differentiate between the same selector for the different feeds. For example, the CSS for the title will be the same CSS for every article, so unless it intelligently appends an increasing number (title1, title1 etc), it pulls the same title for every feed.

RSS.app, however, is one of the few services that can successfully pull apart this page and serve it up as a readable RSS feed. I just don't want to go with RSS.app!

I'd be interested in your thoughts, thanks.

demonboy

I know that, but you specifically asked me to "provide a reference for the non-RSS HTML you wish to process and the conversion procedure" with the view of adding this in some time in the future.

Supreme

Staff member
I know that, but you specifically asked me to "provide a reference for the non-RSS HTML you wish to process and the conversion procedure" with the view of adding this in some time in the future.
Thanks for the details on the Non-RSS HTML reference, we will definitely try to implement that in the near future.