• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

I am trying to capture whatsapp response on Google sheets but facing issue

I am trying to capture whatsapp response on Google sheets but facing issue. Instead of showing test response, whatsapp is sending status update of message like delivered, read, sent which uses free tasks.

I used this video and spent more than a hour as I have setup this before(6 months back) but now it is not happening as it is not sending a test response.

Kindly please come on a call tomorrow so we can fix this.

We just need to capture whatsapp response messages sent on the automated number on a google sheet.

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @RaghavGakhar

I am trying to capture whatsapp response on Google sheets but facing issue. Instead of showing test response, whatsapp is sending status update of message like delivered, read, sent which uses free tasks.
You can use the Filter action step after the trigger event after the trigger event to only process the WhatsApp message with a specific type.

Kindly please come on a call tomorrow so we can fix this.
It is not possible to come up on a call at any time regarding the use case, so we highly recommend hiring an automation expert who can design such email content for your workflow and manage everything for you - https://forum.pabbly.com/threads/pabbly-connect-experts-and-consultants.22/

And can even find automation experts in our Facebook group as well - https://www.facebook.com/groups/formget.deals/

The thing is the webhook is not receiving the response when I made a new app as per the video. We just need to capture the response on the Google. When I send test message from webhook, pabbly is not getting it.

I don't think how a call of 5 minutes is a problem. We have purchased pabbly for three years and paid $360. This problem shall take not more than 5 minutes.

I have done everything as per the video and spent two hours trying to get a webhook response.

If I have to hire a pabbly expert for a 5 min issue, I'd rather move to zapier.

SO I did a detailed troubleshoot. Since, I was not recieving a test response for message webhook. I turned on message_template_status_update and hit test.

I am recieving a webhook response from whatsapp if I select "message_template_status_update" but no webhook response for test message.

1675796701456.png

The response ---

1675796767866.png

Now, please help me to find why I am not getting test response.
I will try to send a live message on whatsapp number instead of waiting for test response. But, please reply me on this as we need to solve it.

So, The test message didn't show up.. but I did a live test and live whatsapp message comes in pabbly.. so it means my issue is solved.

Supreme

Staff member
SO I did a detailed troubleshoot. Since, I was not recieving a test response for message webhook. I turned on message_template_status_update and hit test.

I am recieving a webhook response from whatsapp if I select "message_template_status_update" but no webhook response for test message.
Regarding the Cloud API template configuration, please check their Guidelines.

Or can refer to the following video tutorial.

I have the same problem as you, I can't capture the 'message' response coming from facebook, only 'message_template', any solution?

Subscribe for messages and then click on collect response, and send a message from your live whatsapp number (because test message is not working from facebook's end, there is some issue, no issues at pabbly end). The response will be collected. Then you can save it and it's done.