• Instructions to Ask a Question

    Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

    We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

    The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

    🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

    Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -
     

    🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

    🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $149 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Incorrect Date Formatting

havengakm

Member
I seem to have an issue with the Date Formatter. When I run through a test, it seems to format the date correctly but when contacts run through the workflow, it is formatting the date to 2021-1-1 every time. Not sure why it seems to work correctly in the test yet defaults to 2021-1-1 every other time.
 

havengakm

Member
Hey @havengakm

Could you please tell us the workflow name for which you are concerned? So that we can assist you accordingly.

Thanks
Hi @Supreme Verma the workflow is called : F45 Bryanston - New Class Booking

When I press "send and send test request" it seems to be formatting the test correctly but when I look in the spreadsheet, it's all defaulting to 2021-1-1

1634718105833.png
 

havengakm

Member
I think it's the split text formatter function that's actually the problem. Again, it works fine when I test but the data out is incorrect and hence why the date is not being formatted correctly and defaulting to 2021-1-1
 
P

PabblyMember3

Guest
I think it's the split text formatter function that's actually the problem. Again, it works fine when I test but the data out is incorrect and hence why the date is not being formatted correctly and defaulting to 2021-1-1
I have been to your workflow history and found that, your step 8,9 and 10 is causing the problem because you manually configured the segment index field for the Text Formatter by Pabbly : Split Text action. Please use the 'all' option and map the result 2 in the following fields to get the desired results.

1634728475861.png

1634728622722.png


I hope that will work for you.
 

havengakm

Member
@Naveen thanks but what sometimes the class names are 2 words so Foxtrot and Bears are examples of classes with single names but "The Piston" would be an example of a class with 2 names. So the date won't always be Result 2, sometimes it will be Result 3. That's why I did -8 Segment because the rest of the info remains the same in every case. How would I handle this?
 
P

PabblyMember3

Guest
@Naveen thanks but what sometimes the class names are 2 words so Foxtrot and Bears are examples of classes with single names but "The Piston" would be an example of a class with 2 names. So the date won't always be Result 2, sometimes it will be Result 3. That's why I did -8 Segment because the rest of the info remains the same in every case. How would I handle this?
Let me check it and will get back to you.
 
P

PabblyMember3

Guest
I have tried the same workflow by sharing from your account to my account and able to get the data properly on run time.

2021-10-21_14h25_08.png

2021-10-21_14h25_20.png

1634806735469.png

2021-10-21_14h28_16.png


I would request you to clone your workflow once and try to execute it once at your end.

I hope that may fix the issue.
 

havengakm

Member
@Naveen if I press "send and send test" on my workflow, it also delivers a correct data out result but looks like when contacts are running through the workflow naturally once the workflow is turned on, then it seems to break and there's no data in data out when I look at the workflow history. So I'm not sure why the "-8 segment" condition works when I test the workflow but not when contacts flow through the live workflow.
 
P

PabblyMember3

Guest
@Naveen if I press "send and send test" on my workflow, it also delivers a correct data out result but looks like when contacts are running through the workflow naturally once the workflow is turned on, then it seems to break and there's no data in data out when I look at the workflow history. So I'm not sure why the "-8 segment" condition works when I test the workflow but not when contacts flow through the live workflow.
Did you try cloning the workflow and testing it again as I have asked above?
 

havengakm

Member
This is the new workflow name -
F45 Bryanston - New Class Booking V.2

As you can see, the data is not being processesd out correctly. However, If I test the data out in the actual workflow, it does create the correct result. So don't understand why it's correct in a test case but not in an actual live case.


1635423799925.png

1635423827389.png
 

Supreme

Well-known member
Staff member
Hey @havengakm

The problem is while using the splitting action step the text is actually contains multiple {{space}} in between and it is giving the index which is causing the issue because when the workflow is in automation the text used for mapping consists of multiple spaces and the Index -8 which will work fine for text which has proper single {{space}}

2021-11-02_15h41_26.png


So to resolve your concern, we would suggest you try the Regex to extract the proper date. And one of the regexes is \d+th and \d+nd.

1635848393435.png
 
Top