• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

is it possible to extract text from a message (from Telegram to Todoist)?

chelder86

I think it's not possible, at least not yet. But please confirm.

For example, extract the URL [from the first slash (/) to the first at (@)] and put it in the description of the destination application:

Is that possible somehow?

Thanks

Carlos

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @chelder86

Please refer to the following screenshot and let us know if that helps you.

2024-05-06_17h10_46.png

chelder86

That's look beautiful to me... THANKS!!

Do I need the ULTIMATE tier for that? (It's the only tier I read have: "Multi-step Workflows").

The rest I see have 2 steps maximum.

Please confirm :)

ALSO. This would be amazing: would it be possible to get the URL of the todoist created task and send it back to Telegram to the same group topic? :D

Thanks!!!

Carlos

Supreme

Staff member
Do I need the ULTIMATE tier for that? (It's the only tier I read have: "Multi-step Workflows").
Yes, we recommend utilizing the Multi-step workflow and suggest opting for the ultimate plan to accommodate that.

It is not recommended to pass the Todoist task URL again on Telegram from the same workflow as it can create an infinite loop and exhaust all your tasks.

1715155210008.png

chelder86

Thanks! Good point! But there is no infinite loops because I'm sending to the pabbly only messages that follow the following structure:

/heymyfriend@name-the-bot testing message

I explained it myself here: https://stackoverflow.com/a/78436037/1198404

So maybe there is a way to do something like this:
  1. From Telegram to Pabbly: /heymyfriend@name-the-bot testing message
  2. Pabbly to todoist task (to the section: pabbly-messages-from-telegram) including the topic-group of Telegram in the description of the task
  3. Todoist to Pabbly including the topic-group and the URL of the todoist task.
  4. Pabbly to the Telegram topic group which receives the URL of todoist task
Quite complex maybe, but it would be marvelous if that's possible.

Carlos

Supreme

Staff member
So maybe there is a way to do something like this:
  1. From Telegram to Pabbly: /heymyfriend@name-the-bot testing message
  2. Pabbly to todoist task (to the section: pabbly-messages-from-telegram) including the topic-group of Telegram in the description of the task
  3. Todoist to Pabbly including the topic-group and the URL of the todoist task.
  4. Pabbly to the Telegram topic group which receives the URL of todoist task
Quite complex maybe, but it would be marvelous if that's possible.
In that case, you can give it a try if the Telegram channels are different and you can take the Todoist's task URL from its response.

1715169195891.png

chelder86

Thanks for the video, but I already managed to create the bot and send messages to Todoist by using Pabbly.

In the screenshot you show that it's possible to get the todoist task URL, nice!

The last step... I don't think it will be possible because a permissions/privacy: paste the message of the same Telegram topic group

Supreme

Staff member
The last step... I don't think it will be possible because a permissions/privacy: paste the message of the same Telegram topic group
I understand your concern about permissions and privacy within the Telegram group. The last step may not seem feasible due to Loop constraints.