• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Iterator inside Router not executing

nomisite

Your Task History ID
IjU3NmMwNTY0MDYzZjA0MzM1MjZmNTUzMzUxMzM1MTY0NTQzMCI_3D_pc
Hi,

I have a logic that triggers when there is a new row in google sheet.

The google sheet has data like "Tools Category"

In my logic, I am comparing the new data from google sheet, and the data from Wordpress. I set a router that, if this category already existed in Wordpress, it will execute Flow 1. Else, it will execute Flow 2

Now my problem is, in both Flow, I put Iterator after a API call posting the data into Wordpress. But the iterator just doesn't get executed

1718266380998.png

Can I know why it don't get executed? How should I fix my flow to make sure the iterator gets executed?

Thank you!

nomisite

Attached is the workflow I did...

If you see the workflow, you will notice that the iterator part is basically the same flow. I tried to move the Iterator out from router, that causes my router to keep looping and looping instead, which is not what I want... Hence I move the iterator into router instead

I suspect is something simple that I overlooked honestly...

Any pointers and guidance here are appreciated, thank you!

Attachments

• Pabbly Workflow.drawio.png
    Pabbly Workflow.drawio.png
    101.7 KB · Views: 9

Luv

Hey @nomisite

Upon looking into your workflow it appears that the issue was in the Test Formatter (step 5) by which you were receiving the array. It already had three extra spaces which were causing hindrance in the array format. Although, we have rectified the issue.

1718282174341.png

Kindly monitor your workflow for a while and let us know if it works for you.

nomisite

Hi I'm sorry but it still doesn't work...

Task History ID - IjU3NmQwNTZkMDYzNzA0MzU1MjY5NTUzNTUxM2I1MTZhNTQzMCI_3D_pc

This task do have new tags that is not in wordpress, and i checked in step 5 the returned array looks pretty solid here:
["Content Censoring","Profanity Filter","Video Editing","Audio Editing","Language Filter","Content Creation"]

But after posting the post to wordpress, the iterator below it doesn't run at all...

From task history, it just ends after the post is posted to wordpress

Could you please help me look into it again? So sorry and thank you!

Supreme

Staff member
This task do have new tags that is not in wordpress, and i checked in step 5 the returned array looks pretty solid here:
["Content Censoring","Profanity Filter","Video Editing","Audio Editing","Language Filter","Content Creation"]

But after posting the post to wordpress, the iterator below it doesn't run at all...
Ensure that the result value passed to the Iterator action step is a proper JSON array. If it's merely an array, it won't allow the Iterator action step to function correctly.

So, please tell us the purpose of the Iterator in the first route of your workflow.

nomisite

what i intend to achieve with the iterator is looping through all the tags that is not found in Wordpress, create it

and then put all of the tags that is associated with the post, including the newly created tag together into an array of tag ID

then update the wordpress post with the array of tags

Supreme

Staff member
what i intend to achieve with the iterator is looping through all the tags that is not found in Wordpress, create it

and then put all of the tags that is associated with the post, including the newly created tag together into an array of tag ID
As we can see from your API by Pabbly, you are generating an array of tags, not a JSON array that allows the Iterator to process each tag individually.

Kindly provide the correctly formatted JSON array data that can be iterated through each tag.

Example of JSON array -

{
"name":"John",
"age":30,
"cars":["Ford", "BMW", "Fiat"]
}