• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Iterator not working?

salasia

Hi,
I've created a workflow with email parser as a trigger. The email body consists of a list of several file names with their path, like this
< /volume1/video/Company_ES/folder/video1.mp4
< /volume1/video/Company_ES/folder/video2.mp4
< /volume1/video/Company_ES/folder/video3.mp4

I was able to fetch the parts I needed with a regex and then I was trying to run the workflow for each file with Iterator, but it looks like it runs only for the first video. Any idea why?

Here's the Iterator output from workflow's history:

Code:
{
    "Output": "[{\"response\":\"Company_ES\\/folder\\/CRECOZS1E002_TartaDeLim\\u00f3nSinH_FB_11_CAPTIONS.mp4\"},{\"response\":\"Company_ES\\/folder\\/CRECOZS1E003_DespacitoElFamoso_FB_11_CAPTIONS.mp4\"},{\"response\":\"Company_ES\\/folder\\/CRECOZS1E001_PalitosDePatataY_FB_11_CAPTIONS.mp4\"}]"
}

It looks ok, but the workflow was applied only for the first file (CRECOZS1E002_TartaDeLim\\u00f3nSinH_FB_11_CAPTIONS.mp4), not for the other two. Am I doing anything wrong? Please advise.
The workflow's name is "Shared start of workflow"

Thanks so much
Sergio

P

Pabblymember11

Hey @salasia

We are currently checking on it and it might take some time. So kindly allow us some time and your kind patience will be highly appreciated.

salasia

Hi @Supreme, is there any news about this issue?
Today it looks like the email parser wasn't working properly either, see screenshot
1644865018580.png

Only 2 out of 5 emails between 15:30 and 16:45 triggered our workflow.

We need to be able to rely on Pabbly to do its job, otherwise our business can be affected. I would expect this from a free service, but a paid service shouldn't have these kinds of glitches.

Best regards
Sergio

Pabbly

Administrator
Staff member
Hi @Supreme, is there any news about this issue?
Today it looks like the email parser wasn't working properly either, see screenshot
View attachment 7843
Only 2 out of 5 emails between 15:30 and 16:45 triggered our workflow.

We need to be able to rely on Pabbly to do its job, otherwise our business can be affected. I would expect this from a free service, but a paid service shouldn't have these kinds of glitches.

Best regards
Sergio
Sorry for the inconvenience. Could you please forward the email address at [email protected] for which you have set the email parser?

TIA!

salasia

Ok while you investigate the trigger issue, could you please give me an update about the Iterator not working?
Thanks!
Sergio

P

Pabblymember11

Hey @salasia

We are still working on the use case with the Iterator action step and it might take couple more days.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

salasia

Hi @Supreme, now it looks like Iterator is working as expected but I've encountered another issue.
There are several steps at the beginning of my workflow that work perfectly, until I use an API step to search for a particular file name and gather its data. The search field is mapped to the name of the file that was just uploaded in the previous step (after a short delay that allows the upload and processing to complete), but if there are more than 1 iteration of the workflow, it will search for the second file name.
Example:
  1. Upload "first_video.mp4" to "folder"
  2. Delay 5 minutes
  3. API search for [file from step 1]
  4. Send data from step 3 to webhook
  5. Repeat from step 1 to 4 for "second_video.mp4", etc...
In the first iteration of the workflow, on step 3 Pabbly will search for "second_video.mp4" instead. So it will send the same data to the webhook twice, because on the second iteration it will search again for "second_video.mp4".
It's such a strange behaviour that I've run multiple tests and double-checked my setup, before deciding to send this message.

Thanks in advance
Sergio

P

Pabblymember11

Hey @salasia

As we see from your workflows' history log, it seems like the array which you are trying to pass is not in the correct format and because of that the Iterator is getting the single file (Line Item) from the above action step.

2022-03-03_12h53_39.png

P

Pabblymember11

Hey @salasia

The above action step was just an example that the JSON which you are providing basically contains the single line entity and because of that, you might be iterating the same file.

salasia

Hi again @Supreme,

I've fixed the regex but Pabbly is still behaving weird.
I've recorded a couple of gifs in order to show you:
Here's what should happen
Here's what actually happens
(links will expire after 1 view, but you can download the gifs for yourself)

Also, I've just noticed that the history panel isn't in the right order, the first actions are ordered, but after the first iteration they are in random order and it's difficult to check what happened exactly, because some later events are shown before earlier events.

Thanks in advance
Sergio

P

Pabblymember11

Hey @salasia

The gif which you have shared is clear, so could you please share the workflow name and the use case which you are looking for.

Also, if you can record a short video on this would be better to understand your concern.

salasia

Workflow name is "Shared start of workflow".
My concern is that I cannot rely on Pabbly when more than 1 item is being processed, because -like I said in my previous message- it doesn't behave as expected and I don't understand if I'm doing something wrong.
Thank you
Sergio

Subin

Staff member
Hey @salasia !

Can you provide us with the Task History ID from your workflow history, which according to you is executing incorrectly, so we can check it with the tech team on it.

Hope, to hear from you soon.

P

Pabblymember11

Hey @salasia

Currently, the Iterator action step is not working as it should be with the delay action step. The team is working on it and we should update you soon!

Thanks!