• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

JSON Parsing issue

I'm using a custom API to send data to an app I'm using. I'm trying to populate the JSON data in the POST request with a result from an earlier step in the chain, but even though the result is the exact same number, it doesn't work when I'm using the result from a step instead of manually having the number. Here's a photo showing the result, but if I change the "28. Result : 288" to just the number 288, it works fine; but the result of "28. Result : 288" is 288 so why doesn't this work? Anyone?

chrome_cV0SAOlUfK.png

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @andrewstrealtor

Could you please share the name of the workflow once, so that we can look into it and can guide you accordingly?

Meanwhile, kindly deeply inspect the JSON array once and check the operators whether they are placed correctly or not.

The workflow to look at is called "Create and Add YouTube Video to Listing & Facebook Video". I'm trying to eliminate all the IF conditions I have in step 33 by building a step 32 with dynamic fields but I'm encountering this problem I've described repeatedly. I've left a single example of the issue so my workflow can run without step 32 which currently produces the error message. If you look at step 33 and at the first Route called "48", in step 2 called "Render video with Shotstack" you can see the exact code that is working as what I'm trying to use in step 32 of the main workflow. I hope this clarifies that it works but the error comes when I replace manually entered numbers in the JSON data with the fields from the workflow.

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @andrewstrealtor

As of now, you can pass the dynamic number in double quotes in the API by the Pabbly action step, though it will require some time to look deeply into the concern so that we can investigate the cause.

I tried the double quotes as ""[field]"" and "[field]", neither one worked. See images. Please advise.

Attachments

• chrome_9O9rCEMVGP.png
    chrome_9O9rCEMVGP.png
    54.3 KB · Views: 68
  • chrome_4KTQ9FJ3EY.png
    chrome_4KTQ9FJ3EY.png
    51.4 KB · Views: 63