• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Multiple Product Events Over Time - Right Way to Structure Workflows

kurt

hi, if I'm passing events from my product into pabbly. like say responses to an onboard, and then later events inside the app. These events don't all take place at the same time.

how do I need to structure this inside Pabbly workflows? can I batch it all in one workflow, batch together certain elements, or have every single event and its attributes be a different workflow?

thanks!

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @kurt

Your use case is not clear at all, so kindly elaborate on your usecase once briefly. So that we can look into it and guide you accordingly.

kurt

ok @Supreme sorry if that wasn't clear enough. perhaps its too basic what I'm not understanding, so its confusing.

I want to pass events from my web app product to pabbly.

examples: responses to an onboarding survey or events inside the app like feature usage.

how do I need to structure this inside Pabbly workflows?

example does each event needs its own unique Pabbly workflows, like this? https://d.pr/i/8mr9DG

or when we have form all the attributes are created at once, like this https://d.pr/i/c6Kd0P

but when the events can happen discretely, at different times (example https://d.pr/i/KCYIvH ), even though they are all for one customer do they all need to be a stand alone Pabbly workflow?

so example:
'onboard_web' event is one Pabbly workflow?
and
'contact_support_click' is a second Pabbly workflow?

thanks for your help!

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @kurt

You can try Router Action step instead of making different workflows, you can simply make individual routes according to the event type and the new entry will always redirect to its individual event route by simply creating a condition.

You can refer to the following video tutorial on how you can create a router action step. Kindly try this at your end and let us know if that works for you.

kurt

@Supreme watched the router video, but will this work if the events are not coming in all at the same time? like the form in the example happens in one submit, but if the data is passed in different times are routers still the right approach?

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @kurt

Your workflow will take the data at any instance and if the router condition gets full-filled then the router step will also process your data accordingly.

Kindly give it a try and let us know if you get stuck at any step.