• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Need help with "Response not received in 40 seconds" error in Pabbly Connect workflow

Jakob

Your Task History ID
IjU3NjAwNTZiMDYzZTA0MzU1MjY4NTUzNDUxMzE1MTYyNTQzMSI_3D_pc
Hi everyone,

I'm encountering an issue with my Pabbly Connect workflow, and I hope someone can assist me in resolving it. Whenever I reach the step where I use the OpenAI action to generate content, I receive the following error message: "Response not received in 40 seconds." I've followed the troubleshooting guide provided but haven't been able to fix the issue.

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
Hi @Jacob,

Pabbly Connect waits for 40 seconds to receive a response from the OpenAI API. If the API fails to respond within that time frame, an error occurs. Unfortunately, at the moment, there is no workaround for this issue. We have asked OpenAI to optimize the response time of their API, but we are yet to receive a reply. I would suggest that you make this request to OpenAI as well.

For more information, please check out this thread:
https://forum.pabbly.com/threads/openai-response-not-received-in-25-seconds.9061/post-52492

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Jakob

Please refer to the following Facebook group where one of our users has implemented the workaround to avoid time out from OpenAI.

Mattb

This basically doesnt work. If you try and use it if fails pretty much every time saying it has taken more than 40 seconds to return a response. I have wasted days trying to get it to work and Hav spent a LOT of money with Pabbly which I now feel I have wasted. Its SO SLOW all the time to refresh and this issue with OpenAI is such an important one and they simply havent kept ahead of the game... poor at best

Supreme

Staff member
I apologize for the inconvenience and frustration you've experienced with Pabbly Connect and the OpenAI integration. I understand that the prolonged response time and the issue with OpenAI's API have caused significant setbacks for your workflow. While there may not be an immediate workaround available.

Mattb

I apologize for the inconvenience and frustration you've experienced with Pabbly Connect and the OpenAI integration. I understand that the prolonged response time and the issue with OpenAI's API have caused significant setbacks for your workflow. While there may not be an immediate workaround available.
Not really good enough is it? you happily take everyones money for your service and promote the fact that you can use these integrations when in actual fact its rubbish and simply doesnt work

Mattb

I am not running a complex query and it fails everytime. That was the last step in my flow so I have spent days building someting that doesnt work. becuase your integration is less than useless. You need to sort this out... You are going to upset a LOT of people with this.

Supreme

Staff member
Currently, the Timeout window for OpenAI Generate Content has been increased to 40 seconds on the Pabbly Connect platform as a temporary measure, although this is not the preferred solution. It is important to note that other platforms may also be encountering similar timeout issues.

We have notified the OpenAI team about the ideal solution for this matter, but we have not yet received a response. We apologize for any inconvenience caused and assure you that we are actively working to address this issue.