• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Notion to FB Page - Testing goes through but no other auto publishing takes place

Hey there :)
A while back I wrote about a different problem that I got solved with your help.
Now, I have re-written my database to make it easier for selecting the needed fields and formost easier to navigate for me.
Again, I followed all steps according the video, the final save-and-send-test-request worked fine.
This I did on August 16, I then added same dates to the database entries and set them to done. Now, even after 24hrs no new posting, BUT the workflow is consuming tasks.
I re-checked all settings, but cannot find anything wrong.
What irritates me is that the test request works, but not the remaining workflow.
At least, something is happening since Aug 20. Please see screenshot. I do not know which task history you would need to check, but I'd be grateful for any help to get this running.

1724235668416.png

1724235892346.png

Thank you so much for your help!
Rea

Hey @Rea Dreamlandpaper

Can you please share the workflow URL once in which you have tried it?
Hey @Supreme
This is the last one - the one on top of my screenshot in first posting.

This includes only 2 steps
IjU3NmQwNTY0MDYzNzA0Mzc1MjZhNTUzNTUxMzQ1MTYxNTQzMiI_3D_pc
(Executed at Aug 21, 2024 02:22:58, (UTC+02:00) Europe/Zurich)

and this is the forth down the list and includes 4 steps
IjU3NmQwNTY0MDYzNzA0Mzc1MjZhNTUzNTUxMzQ1MTYwNTQzOCI_3D_pc

I should mention, that I have only 1 active workflow
and when I set it up all new, I deleted every other connection so that I started fresh.

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
Hey @Supreme
This is the last one - the one on top of my screenshot in first posting.

This includes only 2 steps
IjU3NmQwNTY0MDYzNzA0Mzc1MjZhNTUzNTUxMzQ1MTYxNTQzMiI_3D_pc
You have set up a filter condition in your router to execute the next steps only if the 'Properties STATUS for Pabbly Status Name' is equal to 'Done'.
1724279198825.png

Based on your task history, we can see that the response captured from Notion had a different status, which did not meet the filter conditions and therefore the next steps didn't get executed.
1724279108149.png

=============================================================================

and this is the forth down the list and includes 4 steps
IjU3NmQwNTY0MDYzNzA0Mzc1MjZhNTUzNTUxMzQ1MTYwNTQzOCI_3D_pc
You have a Delay step in your workflow that will prevent this post from being made on Facebook until August 24th, 2024, at 12:00 AM UTC.
1724279582933.png

Thank you. The delay is not the problem. It is ok and is set according to the video.
Yes, the status captured from Notion is different than the set to done in the filter. BUT if the time moves forward it should have captured the ones marked with done. See for the dates of 19 and 20 August.
Also, why did it post something when I do the test-request?
and one more thing: did you do a test? As I just see new posting on the FB site.

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
Thank you. The delay is not the problem. It is ok and is set according to the video.
Yes, the status captured from Notion is different than the set to done in the filter. BUT if the time moves forward it should have captured the ones marked with done. See for the dates of 19 and 20 August.
No, that's not how it works. When you change the status to 'Done,' a separate task will be created that will pass the filter step. An already executed task will not change over time.

Also, why did it post something when I do the test-request?
Could you please elaborate a bit more on what you mean by 'test-request'?

and one more thing: did you do a test? As I just see new posting on the FB site.
No, we have not conducted any tests on your workflow.

Could you please explain this part of the issue, as I am unable to catch that from your workflow?
I am sorry for this bad wording. What I wanted to say is: When I change the status do done eg. on August 18 with publish date August 19 and then have August 22 ----> days after, that is what I meant with time moves forward.

No, that's not how it works. When you change the status to 'Done,' a separate task will be created that will pass the filter step. An already executed task will not change over time.
I reference the field where the status is shown. In the screenshot it did not show done, but reference the correct field.
Could you please elaborate a bit more on what you mean by 'test-request'?
When ever you set up a filter at the end of the sequence there is a button with save and send test. -> test-request
No, we have not conducted any tests on your workflow.
Great :) because since yesterday the workflow publish as it should - and I changed nothing. At least it seems to work now.
Thank you for your help!