• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Passing default value to several fields

Zen2023

I have a Form with a number of fields. The form is passing data onto a CRM.

However, if a user skips a field, it causes the other fields to go out of sequence and then produces an error in the workflow

I'm trying to figure out how I can add a default value to not just one, but all of the fields which the user may leave blank.
Is this possible to do with a single Text Formatter Action Step to fill in the default value?

I tried testing with 2-3 fields but the workflow runs into an error.

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Zen2023

Is this possible to do with a single Text Formatter Action Step to fill in the default value?
You would be required to use the Default Value action step for the individual field of your Airtable action step in case the user didn't pass any value in it.

Zen2023

Thank you and understand. I am running into a cyclical issue with the workflow logic:
1. When testing, I leave out one field blank (City name).
2. I have set a default value for the City name if it is left empty/blank.
3. When I run the workflow, the logic for the text formatter skips the City field and picks up the input from the next field which is the State field. Not sure why it won't fill in the default value.
4. It then pushes all the subsequent fields up by one field, resulting in errors with the entered responses now mapped to the wrong fields, e..g text responses in number only fields or, multiple select options entered into single select fields.
5. The workflow stops due to the error with the invalid data formats for the different fields impacted.

What would be the ideal way to manage the workflow skipping the default values?

Supreme

Staff member
Thank you and understand. I am running into a cyclical issue with the workflow logic:
1. When testing, I leave out one field blank (City name).
2. I have set a default value for the City name if it is left empty/blank.
3. When I run the workflow, the logic for the text formatter skips the City field and picks up the input from the next field which is the State field. Not sure why it won't fill in the default value.
4. It then pushes all the subsequent fields up by one field, resulting in errors with the entered responses now mapped to the wrong fields, e..g text responses in number only fields or, multiple select options entered into single select fields.
5. The workflow stops due to the error with the invalid data formats for the different fields impacted.

What would be the ideal way to manage the workflow skipping the default values?
Considering the complexity of your use case, I will highly advisable to enlist the services of an automation expert. This professional can adeptly design the required automation for your workflow and take care of all management aspects on your behalf.