• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Pinterest Create a Pin test says "Invalid request"

Ingrid

I'm setting up a "Create a pin" workflow but when I send a test it says "Invalid request:" in the value and opens brackets with all the pin info but it's not posting to Pinterest. (see image below)

This is also causing issues because
1) It's not posting.
2) The next part of my workflow to update a record in Airtable can't be added correctly since I need the Pin id that will exist once the pin is actually created.

Pabbly is correctly reading the info from Airtable, and it's seeing all the fields, but I am not able to create the Pin, I keep getting an invalid request. I don't know what to do to make it work, any help is appreciated!

invalid reques pabbly.png

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Ingrid

It seems like the image URL you are passing is not publically accessible and because of that the action step might not be performed accordingly.

1679117895426.png

So, please pass that image URL which is visible in nature and try again.

Ingrid

I just tried a different Airtable, a different Pinterest board, and a new Workflow so everything is fresh and new, following the Pabbly youtube video tutorial to create a new Pin from Airtable to Pinterest and I get the same issue of "Invalid/does not match".

Can this be a token error, API error, or something else?? even when I tried a simplified version of my workflow to simply connect Airtable and Pinterest creating a new Pin when there is a new record I keep getting the error message.

Invalid request: {'board_id': '581105226858239041', 'board_section_id': '', 'link': 'https://penguindesigning.com/how-strong-branding-can-influence-consumer-behavior/', 'title': 'How Strong Branding Can Influence Consumer Behavior', 'description': 'A strong brand is a crucial component of any successful small business. By creating a consistent and memorable brand, you can establish trust and credibility, create emotional connections with customers, and increase the perceived value of your product or service.', 'alt_text': '', 'media_source': {'source_type': 'image_url', 'url': 'https://v5.airtableusercontent.com/...I/89pnSg_wcxjzM3OCtcbvADskALZUPPlZTdXPA5Hk_WE'}} ('' does not match '^\\d+$')

I don't know what else can be wrong :(

Supreme

Staff member
As you are not getting the file URL in the proper extension, kindly upload the image first in the Imgur application to convert the proper file extension and then pass its generated file URL further.

2023-03-18_13h48_35.png

Ingrid

As you are not getting the file URL in the proper extension, kindly upload the image first in the Imgur application to convert the proper file extension and then pass its generated file URL further.

View attachment 23313

@Supreme I hope I did this right — I uploaded the image to Imagur
Then tested the workflow by manually adding the imagur link instead of using the Airtable upload as shown in the Pabbly tutorial video and still got an invalid error:

imagur invalid.png

Invalid request: {'board_id': '581105226858239041', 'board_section_id': '', 'link': 'https://penguindesigning.com/how-strong-branding-can-influence-consumer-behavior/', 'title': 'How Strong Branding Can Influence Consumer Behavior', 'description': 'A strong brand is a crucial component of any successful small business. By creating a consistent and memorable brand, you can establish trust and credibility, create emotional connections with customers, and increase the perceived value of your product or service.', 'alt_text': '', 'media_source': {'source_type': 'image_url', 'url': ' '}} ('' does not match '^\\d+$')

Just adding this here as I shared it in the Facebook Group, too, and hoping this can get resolved quickly!

I've extensively tested this today:

With the Pinterest 'create pin' update, it looks like it's not working anymore because of the new 'Board Section ID' field. Leaving this blank doesn't create the pin as it used to, but it will work for a board that DOES have sections. So, it's not the image URL, it's the board section field that isn't allowing a blank field.

Any chance this can be fixed soon? Not many people create Pinterest boards with sections.

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @IntrovertCoach

In the Pinterest, action step if you do not want to pass anything you can simply leave the field blank or select the Board Id in which you want to pin.

1679295963198.png