• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Post to Facebook Group failing

Hey ya'll,

Brand new here. Coming over from Zapier since they jacked up rates this year by almost 500%.

I have a simple workflow that posts to a Facebook Group when there's new context in my Plex server. The flow is working, but it's throwing an error in Pabbly because the Facebook API isn't responding within 25 seconds.

Is there a workaround for this since it seems like the workflow is actually working?

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @mikejandreau

Can you please make a new connection once and then try again?

1705123125116.png

I set up a new connection and am still seeing the error.

I am also now seeing an error about reducing the size of my request. It’s only a single URL and maybe 200 characters of text.

I’m also seeing the same payload sent multiple times, resulting in the same post being made two or three times. Presumably due to the flow thinking it failed, when it didn’t.

Last edited:

Supreme

Staff member
It appears that the image URL you are passing might be causing such congestion because after removing it the action step runs accordingly.

Kindly use a new URL and then try again.

1705297310623.png

this exact config worked fine on Zapier. Why is the URL problematic on Pabbly?

It’s just an Imgur URL of a poster.

Also, I’m still seeing posts to the group that are empty, but I turned the workflow off yesterday.

Attachments

• IMG_0647.png
    IMG_0647.png
    483.5 KB · Views: 18

Supreme

Staff member
I have tried the same at our end and our Facebook account is posting the desired post accordingly.

1705319792294.png

2024-01-15_17h25_09.png

Yes. Sometimes it works.

Sometimes it errors.
Sometimes it posts empty posts.

It doesn’t seem super reliable in terms of what happens.

Zapier worked fine for 5 years, but they raised my rates so much that I’m looking for alternative solutions.

Supreme

Staff member
Please try again and if any execution fails, please let us know with the task history ID.

There are issues in posting to Social Media with Pabbly - they need to address these as a priority. Automated processes lose usefulness if you can't rely on them

Supreme

Staff member
There are issues in posting to Social Media with Pabbly - they need to address these as a priority. Automated processes lose usefulness if you can't rely on them
Can you please elaborate on your concern briefly, so that we can look into it and help you accordingly?

Task History ID -

IjU3NjMwNTZjMDYzMDA0MzM1MjY1NTUzZDUxMzc1MTY2NTQzOCI_3D_pc
I've been trying to get some help /support for a while. Here is my workflow. It's simple. I pick up a quote for a spreadsheet and post it on social media. It should be a simple process. However, it keeps failing on one or a few social media platforms. Then I go in and fix it, and off it goes; it starts failing again. The whole idea is to automate it; therefore, it needs to be reliable. I need one of your experts to review it and tell me if anything changes. The other issue is that every time I touch it, each process seems to get an error on getting the URL for the image, so I have to go through each one and reset everything I go in there, which is painful. I can't see why it can't retain the URL field like it retains every other field. 3rdly, I'd like to be able to post on TikTok and Quora, but I can't see Pabbly processes for those. I want to stay with Pabbly, but it's annoying that it is so unreliable. I want to fill in my sheet and have it all work seamlessly. Thanks.​

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Brett Slater

Sorry for the inconvenience, we have forwarded your concern to the technical team and they are currently looking into it.

I can't see why it can't retain the URL field like it retains every other field. 3rdly, I'd like to be able to post on TikTok and Quora,
Further, as of now, TikTok and Quora's action steps are not available but you may post the request to add the required action step here - https://pabbly.featureos.app/b/Feature-Request

Task History ID -

IjU3NjMwNTZjMDYzMDA0MzM1MjY1NTUzZDUxMzc1MTY2NTQzOCI_3D_pc
I've been trying to get some help /support for a while. Here is my workflow. It's simple. I pick up a quote for a spreadsheet and post it on social media. It should be a simple process. However, it keeps failing on one or a few social media platforms. Then I go in and fix it, and off it goes; it starts failing again. The whole idea is to automate it; therefore, it needs to be reliable.​

I need one of your experts to review it and tell me if anything changes.​

The other issue is that every time I touch it, each process seems to get an error on getting the URL for the image, so I have to go through each one and reset everything I go in there, which is painful. I can't see why it can't retain the URL field like it retains every other field.​

I want to stay with Pabbly, but it's annoying that it is so unreliable. I want to fill in my sheet and have it all work seamlessly. Thanks.​

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Brett Slater

Regarding your concern can you please replace the double quotes with single ones' from your Google Sheets and rerund the Get Rows action step in your workflow then refresh the workflow?

Sample - Wix "Image" URL Eg Https to Wix 'Image' URL Eg Https