• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Preventing a Google Sheet from accepting duplicate entries

David C

We have a Pabbly Connect workflow which connects Woodpecker.co to a Google Sheet.

When someone opens an email sent by Woodpecker, Pabbly sends a few fields (name, company, phone number, email address, location, timestamp) to a Google Sheet, creating a new row for that contact.

However, the Woodpecker contains a sequence of four different emails. If someone opens multiple different emails in the campaign on different days, or even opens one email multiple times, a duplicate row is created for them in the Google Sheet, with all fields the same (except for the timestamp, which obviously varies each time).

How can I make the Google sheet reject any duplicate contacts sent by Woodpecker via Pabbly with the same email address?

Thanks in advance.

Fagun Shah

You need to use Google Sheet action called "Lookup Row" and then setup Routers based on the Results you get from Lookup Row action.

So if basically if Row with the same email id already exists in Google sheet then it won't do anything or may be update the timesatamp.

And if the Row with that email id is not found then it will create a new row.

Here are some videos that might help -

In your case if you do not want to update the Row then you can use Filter directly as well instead of using Routers.

Filter condition will be "Row Index" does not exist in Lookup Row action's response.

David C

Hi Fagun

Many thanks. I'll take a look at the videos and see if I can wrap my not-so-technical brain around Filters and Routers to set this up!