• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Problem with Clicksend - Don´t send SMS to cancelled partys/Users

Tom8

As I wote this problem here:
https://forum.pabbly.com/threads/sms-reminder-not-to-canceled-contacts.13275/#post-61705

I thought I fixed it, but its not!
Its still there.

So still the question:
How is it possible to send Reminder SMS on one day before an appointment (in Google Calendar via Clicksend), but not to the Users they canceled already in between?

I did it like this:
Create Contact in Clicksend-List. (after Google Calendar, Time Formatters)
Delay until: 1 day before trial-training.
Send SMS to Clicksend-Contact List.
Delay for: 2 hours
Search for Contact in Clicksend-List.
Delete Contact (Clicksend) - because they should not get a SMS after they received the first one and keep the List clean for another appointments.

There is also a second workflow, which deletes the contact out of the Clicksend List, when they are deleted from the Google Calendar. BUT it still sends SMS to them, even if they not are in the clicksend-List anymore.

How to fix this?
Please help.

Thank you.

---
Maybe it makes sense to bring the 2 threads together, because the Problem ist still not solved from the old thread, as i mentioned it.

Last edited:

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
Hey @Tom8,

Please share your workflow with us at the provided email address so that we can gain a better understanding of your issue.
Email: [email protected]
Also, remember to revoke access once your query has been resolved.

Attaching a video for your reference:

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Tom8

So still the question:
How is it possible to send Reminder SMS on one day before an appointment (in Google Calendar via Clicksend), but not to the Users they canceled already in between?
If you want to send notifications at different time intervals then we recommend you to refer the following video lesson on similar logic.

There is also a second workflow, which deletes the contact out of the Clicksend List, when they are deleted from the Google Calendar. BUT it still sends SMS to them, even if they not are in the clicksend-List anymore.
Please share the workflow URL in which you have noticed the same.

Tom8

Hey @Tom8

If you want to send notifications at different time intervals then we recommend you to refer the following video lesson on similar logic.

Please share the workflow URL in which you have noticed the same.
No this is not my problem.
I want to send a reminder SMS via Clicksend to costumers one day before they have an appointment. But the SMS-Reminder also go out to costumers they already canceled the appointment.
My workflow is as I described in the Text above.

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
As per the workflow you have shared, I can see that you have added the Clicksend: Send SMS to Contact List action event before the Delay, which is causing the SMS to be sent even before the contact is deleted from your Clicksend List.

If you do not want to send SMS to deleted contacts, you need to move the Clicksend: Send SMS to Contact List event to be the last event in the workflow. This way, the SMS will be sent after the contact has been deleted from the Clicksend List.

Pabbly-Connect (12).png

Tom8

As per the workflow you have shared, I can see that you have added the Clicksend: Send SMS to Contact List action event before the Delay, which is causing the SMS to be sent even before the contact is deleted from your Clicksend List.

If you do not want to send SMS to deleted contacts, you need to move the Clicksend: Send SMS to Contact List event to be the last event in the workflow. This way, the SMS will be sent after the contact has been deleted from the Clicksend List.

View attachment 24609

Thank you. What you are showing here from my workflow is already the second delay. If you look above on my workflow you see, that there is a first delay and right after the SMS to the Clicksend List.

And then, after the SMS ist sent, I want that the Contact is deleted from the Clicksend List. Thats why the second delay is running you found here.

What you are showing here is already after the first delay. Here in the second delay the contact is just being searched and then deleted 3 hours after sending.

To explain:

This is intentional because I want to delete the contact from Clicksend List, after he received the SMS, so that they only receive one SMS and the list is free for new participants.

To clarify, I want the following:

- The contact and appointment are retrieved from Google Calendar.

- The contact is added to the Clicksend list.

- An SMS is sent to all entries in the Clicksend list one day before the appointment, that is written in the Google Calendar.

- After sending, the contact should be removed from the list so that it is free for the next event, and each participant only receives this SMS once. That is this part your screenshot is showing here.

Because if they are not removed from the Clicksend list, they will also receive an SMS again at the next event, even if they are not participating anymore.

- When a Contact is cancel an appointment himself (and then he is away from Google Calendar and Clicksend-List), he should not get an SMS anymore.
There is a second workflow for when a customer is canceling the event by himself and then get deleted this Contact out from Clicksend List. I also gave you the access for this. I tested this already, its working. But here is the problem, this customer will still receive the SMS for this single Event he canceled. Even he is already not in the Clicksend List anymore days before.

How can that be, when this contact is not in the Clicksend-List anymore? So it has to be still stored somewhere in Pabbly.. ?

I hope I was able to explain this more clearly.
I am sorry if there are any misunderstandings.

Last edited:

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
If that's the case, then the 11th step of your workflow should be Clicksend: Search Contact by Email Address. This will ensure that the SMS will be sent only to those contacts who exist in your Clicksend contact list.

Pabbly-Connect (14).png

- After sending, the contact should be removed from the list so that it is free for the next event, and each participant only receives this SMS once. That is this part your screenshot is showing here.

I have observed another issue in your workflow. As the contacts are intended to be deleted after the SMS has been sent, the date and time specified in your 2nd delay (Step 12) should be scheduled to occur after the 1st delay (Step 10).

Pabbly-Connect (13).png

Tom8

If that's the case, then the 11th step of your workflow should be Clicksend: Search Contact by Email Address. This will ensure that the SMS will be sent only to those contacts who exist in your Clicksend contact list.

View attachment 24624

I have observed another issue in your workflow. As the contacts are intended to be deleted after the SMS has been sent, the date and time specified in your 2nd delay (Step 12) should be scheduled to occur after the 1st delay (Step 10).

View attachment 24623
Thank you very much for your time and this help, I will try this out today. I will write here after that what happened.