• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Retrieve vouchers from a list in Google Sheets

phil

When a customer buy a product by Plug and Paid, we would like to send 2 discount vouchers for the next orders.
In a Google Sheet we have different sheet's tabs, where one contains 1000 voucher codes.

Which is the best workflow to retrieve and remove 2 of these vouchers from the Google Sheet, for every order?

Neeraj

Administrator
Staff member
Do checkout this video for some ideas around setting up that automation.

Instead of webhook from ThriveCart, your webhook will be from PlugNPaid.

phil

That could be a solution. Thanks.
Just missing a detail.
For every product there's a different amount of vouchers:

Product A -> 2 vouchers
Product B -> 3 vouchers
Product C -> 4 vouchers

As far I can see the counter solution wouldn't work, if used in a conditional workflow.
There's a way to store the number of vouchers as a variable?

Thanks

P

PabblyMember3

That could be a solution. Thanks.
Just missing a detail.
For every product there's a different amount of vouchers:

Product A -> 2 vouchers
Product B -> 3 vouchers
Product C -> 4 vouchers

As far I can see the counter solution wouldn't work, if used in a conditional workflow.
There's a way to store the number of vouchers as a variable?

Thanks
Can you please elaborate your use case with some real example?

phil

Well, simple.
If customer buy "Product A" become, as gift, 2 voucher codes for the next order.
If customer buy "Product B" become, as gift, 3 voucher codes the next order.
If customer buy "Product C" become, as gift, 4 voucher codes the next order.

We have 1000 voucher codes already registered in the Plug and Paid cart, and we copied those codes in Google Sheets.
The codes should be automatically sent to the buyer's email.

Of course would be better if PC would read the codes directly from PlugnPaid, but I think there's no API for this.

P

PabblyMember3

What best I can suggest is to pick the voucher codes from your google sheet randomly on each sale, you can use Get Row(s) action of the Google Sheet app inside your workflow, also, you need to route your workflow for 3 products

Route1 - Product A

Here, you can get the random number between 1 and 1000 using Number Formatter - Spreadsheet Formula as shown here:

random.png

as you have 1000 vouchers in your sheet then, you can do a math operation Number Formatter - Perform Math Operation on that number and add 1 to it as shown below:

math.png

Now, use the above numbers in the Google Sheets- Get Row(s) action eg. A71:A72, this will bring you data of two consecutive rows of your sheet containing the voucher code and you can send them to the user.

getrow.png

Similarly, you can do the above steps for your other products (Route 2 and Route 3) but with different math operation.

I hope the above solution helps.