• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

RSS Feed Items to Custom Meta Fields

Is it possible to add RSS Feed items to custom meta fields in a Custom Post Type?

I am using CrocoBlocks' Jet Engine to create Custom Post Types. I do have both the Custom Post Type and the Meta Fields set to be visible to the Rest API.

I am able to create a post from an RSS feed to the custom post type, but the custom Meta Fields do not appear as options to map the RSS fields to.

I have also tried to Get a Post by Post ID, thinking that might reveal the meta fields. However, I receive the following response.

Code: rest_post_invalid_id
Data Status: 404

Help?

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @SheaOliver

Seems like the Post Id whcih you were passing the WordPress actually doesn't exist and because of that, you are getting an error.

Please check for the post once in your WordPress and then try again with an existing post.

1665811071133.png

Thanks for the reply, but that is not correct. If you hit Save & Send Test Response on post id 984, it comes back with:

984.png

However, if you use one of the Custom Post Type posts, such as 1000, then this is the reply

1000.png

Post 1000 exists here: https://spiritualbong.com/news/ny-a...ganization-ii-on-same-day-as-fraud-lawsuit-2/

However, my preference of Getting a Post, would be to Create a Post in a Custom Post Type with Custom Meta Data, and be able to pass fields into the custom meta data fields.

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @SheaOliver

The "Get a Post by Id" action event can only get the default mentioned post type by WordPress.org. It will not get the custom post types from WordPress itself.

Further, our tech team is looking into the workaround on the same. We shall notify you with an update soon.