• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Search keyword returns several hits

tubaad

According to Pabbly official support video on YouTube, I've implemented a workflow that assigns a Zenler course to a new or existing student.
The workflow uses a search keyword function to identify if the student is already existing. This seems to be a flawed method since it can return more than one hit.
For example, when searching for the email ([email protected]) as a keyword it will return both these email addresses: [email protected] as well as [email protected]

Any solutions to this?

Last edited:

Neeraj

Administrator
Staff member
According to Pabbly official support video on YouTube, I've implemented a workflow that assigns a Zenler course to a new or existing student.
The workflow uses a search keyword function to identify if the student is already existing. This seems to be a flawed method since it can return more than one hit.
For example, when searching for the email ([email protected]) as a keyword it will return both these email addresses: [email protected] as well as [email protected]

Any solutions to this?

Did you try to fire the search request through the Pabbly Connect integrated Search User Action Event?

As far as I know it is meant to search the exact user email. If it is giving you multiple results on the search through the API, I would recommend you to get in touch with the Zenler team once and ask which Zenler API can be used to search the exact user email that does not return results for any other related emails.

Also did you follow this YouTube video for instructions.

Also did you use the Search User action as shown in the video?

1624201458837.png

tubaad

Hello and thanks for fast reply.
Yes, I did follow the instructions in the video you refer to.
I am using the exact same procedure except I'm using WooCommerce. However, as you can see in the below screenshot, the search is obviously not searching for the exact email address, but rather it seems to return the first user with an email address that contains the search phrase. A search for email: [email protected] returns [email protected].
It might very well be an issue with the Zenler API as you say, but nevertheless, until this is corrected it renders the method as described in the video useless.
Since I'm not very experienced with API, is it possible for you to reach out to Zenler for a fix? You are probably more qualified to ask the right questions.

Øystein

Screenshot 2021-06-20 at 17.37.01.png

Neeraj

Administrator
Staff member
Hello and thanks for fast reply.
Yes, I did follow the instructions in the video you refer to.
I am using the exact same procedure except I'm using WooCommerce. However, as you can see in the below screenshot, the search is obviously not searching for the exact email address, but rather it seems to return the first user with an email address that contains the search phrase. A search for email: [email protected] returns [email protected].
It might very well be an issue with the Zenler API as you say, but nevertheless, until this is corrected it renders the method as described in the video useless.
Since I'm not very experienced with API, is it possible for you to reach out to Zenler for a fix? You are probably more qualified to ask the right questions.

Øystein

View attachment 1732
Thanks for sharing the screenshot.

We will also email them from our end.

At the same time being a Zenler customer, can you also ask them if there is a way to search a user by exact email and not return any results that does not correspond to the exact match through the API?

Even if they give you some link to do an exact search, it will be helpful.

tubaad

Reply from Zenler:
"Currently, the search works in this way.
It searches for users whose name/last name/email contains the search keyword.
We will forward the suggestion to the tech team.
Currently no other alternative."

Thanks
Ananthu

Support Team
Zenler.com

Fagun Shah

Reply from Zenler:
"Currently, the search works in this way.
It searches for users whose name/last name/email contains the search keyword.
We will forward the suggestion to the tech team.
Currently no other alternative."

Thanks
Ananthu

Support Team
Zenler.com
I don't have zenler access so I have not tried this, but here is a workaround I can think of.

Get search results from zenler with simple response toggled off in pabbly connect. Then use iterator to convert it to a single item.

Then use Number formatted -> Spreadsheet formula -> Exact(text1,text2) formula to check it it matches exactly or not.

Then setup filter which only go on if valued is true for Exact formula.

Thena dd your rest of action steps.

tubaad

you're on to something! I'm stuck at formula though. I don't get the "Valued" option for the formula when creating the filter.

tubaad

I don't have zenler access so I have not tried this, but here is a workaround I can think of.

Get search results from zenler with simple response toggled off in pabbly connect. Then use iterator to convert it to a single item.

Then use Number formatted -> Spreadsheet formula -> Exact(text1,text2) formula to check it it matches exactly or not.

Then setup filter which only go on if valued is true for Exact formula.

Thena dd your rest of action steps.
I think I've got a working solution now. Thanks a lot for your input @Fagun Shah!