• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Send an email when a tag is added to a task in Asana

I created a workflow that sends an email notification to someone when a tag is added to a task in Asana. But it doesn't just send the email once. It sends an email every day for the same task. At the same time, the email doesn't identify specifically which project the task is associated with because I can't find the variable that identifies the project

Apparently, I'm missing something here.

How do I get Pabbly to send an email only when the tag is first applied? And how do I identify the project the task is part of?

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @emeraldlake

How do I get Pabbly to send an email only when the tag is first applied?
To only process the workflow when a particular tag is applied you can use the Filter action step. Please refer to the following screenshot.

1671520958766.png

And how do I identify the project the task is part of?
You can use the "Get Project via Task ID" action step to check the project name from the task Id.

1671522318606.png

You can use the "Get Project via Task ID" action step to check the project name from the task Id.

It looks like perhaps you manually typed in the Task ID. Is that correct? I'm not certain how that would work since the task would be different each time this workflow is triggered.

I tried mapping the Task ID, but the response was blank.
1671558574314.png

Supreme

Staff member
Okay. That's what I did in the Get Project via Task ID step, but the response when I tested it was blank.
Perhaps the tasks might not be associated with any project which is why it might have shown an empty response.

Please try the action event once with the task which is included with one of your projects.

In Asana, there are tasks that have subtasks. Tasks are associated with a specific project, but for whatever reason, subtasks don't inherit the project from the task. So, if the task that's being reported on is a subtask, is there a way to look for the project of the parent task if the current task's project is blank?

Supreme

Staff member
So, if the task that's being reported on is a subtask, is there a way to look for the project of the parent task if the current task's project is blank?
Please use the "Get Project via Task ID" action step to check the project name from the task Id.

1672647604720.png

Please use the "Get Project via Task ID" action step to check the project name from the task Id.
Sorry, but that's not what I asked... If Task A is a subtask of Task B (the parent task), most likely, the project ID of Task A is blank since subtasks aren't associated with projects by default in Asana.

So, my question was, if the Project ID for Task A is blank, can Pabbly then look for the Project ID of Task B instead?

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @emeraldlake

Please refer to the following screenshot once and then try again, as we can resign the "Get Project via Task Id" action step and it will get the corresponding project from the parent task Id.

Though we have added the action step in your workflow accordingly.

1672831112273.png