• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Shopify - Note Attributes change order

Status
Not open for further replies.

wibbler

When Shopify orders come through to Pabbly, they come with a range of "Note Attributes" depending on what options the customer has requested.

As you see, each note has a Number (0,1,2,3...), along with a Name and Value.

However, the Number changes assignment with the Name/Value depending on what the customer has chosen.

For example, in the screenshot above Note Attributes 0 Name is "Gift Message", Note Attributes 1 Name is "Order Due Date" and Note Attributes 2 Name is "Order Due Time". But if the customer has not chosen a Gift Message in the order, Note Attributes 0 Name becomes "Order Due Date", Note Attributes 1 Name becomes "Order Due Time" etc.

I've tried to manage this by having a Router that captures several scenarios, but I can't capture them all and it is difficult to repeat and edit all the steps in all the router paths when I want to change something. Is there a better way to handle this?

P

PabblyMember4

Hey @wibbler

This is working as per the design of the product. If you have not chosen the Gift Message while placing any order through Shopify then the system will not consider it and chooses the next available field and so on.

wibbler

Hey - but let's say I want to find the Value of the Name "Order Due Date". What do I put in the workflow so Pabbly always finds it, wherever it is?

Currently I'm having to create multiple filters that find the phrase "Order Due Date", get the associated Label, and then proceeds with the Google Calendar entry for this scenario. Then the 20 or so steps all have to be modified in each filter to match up with the changed Label.

I migrated from Automate.io - they worked off the Name, not the Label, so it found it correctly every time.

P

PabblyMember4

Hey @wibbler

The screenshot that you shared is from the Note attribute. Whatever data we are getting from Shopify we are just displaying the same in the Pabbly. We are not modifying any data or column names inside the workflow.

If you like changes in Shopify's note attribute then you can submit the request here and upvote it - https://pabbly.hellonext.co/b/Update-Existing-Application.

Our technical team will check and if they found any feasible solution for this scenario then they will update it.

wibbler

Hey - I appreciate your reply.

I know that Pabbly is not changing the data - it is Shopify that is changing the data. The point of this post is if there is any other way to manage this changing of data so that I can always get the right information. If you have any ideas I would love to hear them.

Meanwhile, I will submit a hellonext ticket.

P

PabblyMember4

Hey @wibbler

Thanks for submitting the request to HelloNext. Our technical team will check the Shopify Note attribute behavior and if feasible they will implement the changes that you need.

As of now, I am not getting any ideas to implement the workflow in the way you want it. I am checking it with team members if any idea stuck with me then I will quickly share it with you.

Thanks
Kunal

P

PabblyMember4

Hey @wibbler

We got an update from the technical team. Kindly use the action "Shopify - Get Order by Id" and you will get all the note attributes in the Res2 columns and those values will be fixed. It will be easier for you to get the next steps working as per your requirement.

1664178788225.png

Thanks
Kunal

Status
Not open for further replies.