• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Skip Action (not whole workflow) based on Filter?

wibbler

I have a workflow that takes an order from Shopify and processes it. The order could be for anything between 1 or 5 items, each with different SKUs in the Shopify API.

As I have to check for 5 items every time, most orders will throw errors because there is less than 5 items.

Is there any way to say "if this doesn't exist, skip this action"?

wibbler

Maybe we don't need a filter! (I do not have set currently). Maybe there's another solution.

I receive Shopify orders that have SKU codes. Here's a screenshot of all those SKU fields from the order.

1674910024311.png

However, the screenshot shows an order that has 5 line items. Sometimes the order only has 1 line item, or 2 or 3 or 4:
1674910130763.png

I take the SKU codes and add them into Infinity. The question is: how do I avoid Pabbly errors when it can't find all the SKU line items (because the order has less then 5 line items)? I can't use the Iterator because each line has a different name (... 0 Sku, 2 Sku etc). I can't use filter but I want it to continue with the rest of the workflow regardless of the number of SKU line items there are.

Supreme

Staff member
We looked into your use case and it is not possible to skip the middle or end product from the line items in an execution.

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @wibbler

Please enlighten us on the feature request once, so that we can present the same to our technical team and check the possibility of it.

wibbler

On your Filter action, there is currently only one choice - "Only Continue If". Adding another option, "Skip Next Step If" would allow Steps in a workflow to be skipped if certain criteria are met.

Jan

On your Filter action, there is currently only one choice - "Only Continue If". Adding another option, "Skip Next Step If" would allow Steps in a workflow to be skipped if certain criteria are met.

This is exactly what I asked a few moments ago for a text function in another thread.
It could either be solved the way you described it or an option "Execute only if ..." could be added to all steps.

Did you write a feaure equest already? I will support that!