• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Skip missing map sources with alternate values.

The problem

I have a workflow where step #2 sometimes returns errors due to invalid inputs. That leads to failures in the subsequent steps because of absence of a required key (map source, which is `Result 0` in my case).

What I expect in a subsequent step

Use `Result 0` from a successful Response of step #2, or a placeholder value ( `-` ) in case that key is missing in step #2.

The working Solution using the options offered by Pabbly Connect

1. Enabled Ignore Error for the error-prone step (step #2). +
  2. Added a Default Value action next to the error-prone step (step #3). [ App: Text Formatter, Action: Default Value ]
With this setup, when step #2 succeeds, the required key, `Result 0` is passed through the Default Value step. When step #2 fails, i.e. `Result 0` is absent, my default placeholder value `-` is passed.
Problem solved!

Screenshot_20230909-092754~3.png

The result from Task History

Screenshot_20230909-103048~2.png

Screenshot_20230909-103908~2.png

Conclusion

The combination of Ignore Error and Default Value can skip missing keys properly. Only one option alone is not sufficient.

Acknowledgment
Neeraj Agarwal helped me to find out the available options.