• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

SMS being sent to the wrong number

Steven

I have a web hook and when he gets triggered we send an SMS to the guest however sending it to the wrong contact number?

Arshita

Staff member
Hello @Steven

Kindly provide us the workflow name or the workflow URL in which you are getting the issue so we can check on it and guide you further.

Arshita

Staff member
To resolve the issue you are facing, there are a few steps that I recommend you to follow.

Firstly, make a fresh connection with the Respond.io application and capture a new response from the webhook. After doing this, try to map the fields again.
Please ensure that the contact you want to send a text message to has already been created in the Respond.io application.

It is important that you map the contact ID in the 'Contact ID' field of the "Respond.io: Send Text Message action step", rather than mapping the data ID, which is causing the issue.
2023-04-17_13h00_14.png

To obtain the contact ID for Respond.io: Send Text Message action step, you need to add an additional step in your workflow which is "Respond.io: Get Contact".
This step allows you to search for the contact by their name and retrieve their contact ID. Once you have obtained the contact ID, you can then map it to the appropriate field in your "Respond.io: Send Text Message action step".

By using the Respond.io: Get Contact step, you can ensure that the correct contact ID is being mapped to the 'Contact ID' field in the Respond.io: Send Text Message action step, which will help to resolve any issues you may be facing. This additional step will also make sure that you have the correct contact information and are able to send the text message to the intended recipient.

2023-04-17_13h02_27.png

Please let me know if you are still facing the same issue.

Steven

Thank you for your swift response. I will try this. However, what happens if I have multiple contacts with the same first name? Can I make this search a little bit more unique?

Arshita

Staff member
Sure, you can definitely make the search more unique with the help of using "Router" by Pabbly as the Router step allows you to execute different actions based on the filter conditions you set.

Please refer to the below video tutorial for a better understanding:

Steven

Wouldn't it make sense to be able to search for contact with contact number? This way there is no confusion?

Arshita

Staff member
Kindly elaborate a bit more on the concern which you have mentioned, as we didn't get much on it.

So we can better understand it and guide you further.

Steven

Because I could have multiple people with the name of "Dave" it would be a more robust solution to search for contact with eg number "07800000000" as there wouldn't be any other contact with that number.

Supreme

Staff member
Kindly allow us some time, as the API of Respond.IO integration is getting updated.

Once it is getting updated will then recommend you the same.

Nivesh

Staff member
Hey @Steven,

We appreciate your patience.

We want to inform you that we have recently made updates to our integration with Respond.io. We trust that your inquiries will be resolved seamlessly, but in the event that any challenges arise, please do not hesitate to bring them to our attention.

Thanks!
Pabbly.com