• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Some Res2 missing from Shopify order

wibbler

Pabbly adds "Res2" fields for Shopify orders, to mitigate the Notes fields changing order.

I've noticed that some Res2 fields do not come across.

Here are all my Additional Details fields from Shopify:
Here are the Res2 fields I have available:
I think they should match? Or have I misunderstood? In my example, how would I select Note Attribute Value 8 in a Res2 (non-moving) format?

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
Your workflow appears to be working correctly. Could you please record and share a short video describing the exact issue you are facing?

wibbler

Is it working. I feel I've given enough information above, but if you require a screencast I will have to create a new order.

I'll summarise again, let me know if this is enough information.

The workflow takes a Shopify order and uses the information from Shopify to do other tasks. In Shopify, the Notes sent across (first screenshot above) change order and numbering, depending on the type of order - this makes it difficult to build a workflow. Pabbly implemented secondary fields (starting "Res2") when the order is imported, and these Res2 fields do not change - therefore I can use those for my workflow.

Both screenshots above are from my latest order. The second screenshot above shows the Res2 fields that came from the order. you can see the "Note Attribute 8 Value" is not represented by the Res2 fields. Therefore, I cannot use them well in my workflow.

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
Based on my limited understanding of your use case, I am assuming that you want the Note Attributes fields within the 'Get Order by ID' action event, so that their order doesn't change, allowing you to map them in other steps of your workflow.

Please note that obtaining Note Attributes in the 'Get Order by ID' endpoint is not be possible, as Shopify doesn't send this data (Note Attributes) for the 'Get Order by ID' endpoint requests.

wibbler

Hi,

I've included screenshots of a recent order.

Why isn't Gift Message shown as a Res2 option?

Here is the additional details shown in Shopify:

1695030799818.png

And here is what appears in Pabbly:

1695030629112.png

Attachments

• 1695030702616.png
    1695030702616.png
    34.8 KB · Views: 32

Supreme

Staff member
Please allow us some time, we are currently looking into it. Shall notify you with an update soon.

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
Please note that obtaining Note Attributes in the 'Get Order by ID' endpoint is not be possible, as Shopify doesn't send this data (Note Attributes) for the 'Get Order by ID' endpoint requests.
As mentioned before, Shopify is not sending the Note Attributes (Gift Message) for the 'Get Order by ID' endpoint. Since we don't have any control over the data that Shopify sends us for a particular endpoint, we cannot do anything about it from our end.