• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

• Please note that the team will not be available on 17th June 2024, due to a public holiday.

During this period, support assistance may experience some delays.

Subtracting numbers between worksheets

Carlos Melo

Hi guys,

In a workflow, is there any way to subtract phone numbers from one worksheet that are present in another worksheet and then be able to use the remaining phone numbers?

On the image below I want to subtract phones from 7 that are present on 6.

1716813120191.png

Please, any tips on how can I do it.

Thanks.

Carlos Melo

Ok Supreme,
There are phone numbers in the spreadsheet of step number 7 and there are the same phone numbers in the spreadsheet of step number 6, but always less than in the number 7.

What I need is to get the phone numbers from number 7 minus those present in number 6 and then send a message template to those that are left.

I think about using Iterator in both steps and then doing a simple subtraction between them. It is possible ?
Or do you have any other solution for me?

Carlos Melo

Ok @Supreme , how about this ?
I got the phone numbers from spreadsheet using Text Formater step, so I have this below:

1716926057774.png

And then, I got the phone numbers from the other spreadsheet using the same process. So what I have now is two steps with phone numbers:

1716926220408.png

Step 10 has all the phone numbers and step 9 has some of them.
What I need now is gathering the numbers from step 10 minus the numbers of step 9.

So please tell me how I do that subtraction in order to have the remaining numbers I need.

Please take a look at my workflow to better understanding it:

Supreme

Staff member
Step 10 has all the phone numbers and step 9 has some of them.
What I need now is gathering the numbers from step 10 minus the numbers of step 9.
Which of the three numbers do you want to subtract from step 9 and with a number from step 10?

Carlos Melo

Which of the three numbers do you want to subtract from step 9 and with a number from step 10?
Hello,
Well, those numbers from step 6 are dynamic, otherwise I wouldn't need those steps in the workflow.

My intention is not to send a message template to people who have already declined the service once (spreadsheet of step 6), and to send it to everyone who has not yet declined.
So people who decline are unpredictable.

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Carlos Melo

Regarding your concern, you can refer to the following JavaScript code on Code by Pabbly. Please give it a try. It should provide the phone number which doesn't appear.
1716979882074.png

Supreme

Staff member
Nice Supreme.

Are you going to sending me the code ? Because I just see an image in your post..

Please refer to the following code regarding your use case -

// Sample phone numbers in step 7 const step7PhoneNumbers = ["1234567890", "0987654321", "1112223333", "4445556666"]; // Sample phone numbers in step 6 const step6PhoneNumbers = ["1234567890", "1112223333"]; // Function to get the difference between two sets of phone numbers function getDifference(step7Numbers, step6Numbers) { // Create a Set from step 6 phone numbers for quick lookup const step6Set = new Set(step6Numbers); // Filter step 7 phone numbers to find those not in step 6 const difference = step7Numbers.filter(number => !step6Set.has(number)); return difference; } // Get the phone numbers in step 7 that are not in step 6 const result = getDifference(step7PhoneNumbers, step6PhoneNumbers); console.log(result); // Output: ["0987654321", "4445556666"]

Carlos Melo

Ok @Supreme , I'm trying to insert the code into the Code (Pabbly) step but I'm getting an error when I test the step.

In fact, looking at your code in more detail, I didn't quite understand how the remaining numbers will come after the output brackets, on the last line. Output: ["0987654321", "4445556666"]

Maybe what I tried to do was not exactly what should be inserted in that output bracket.

So I would need some tips about that.

Supreme

Staff member
Not sure about the logic you added in those steps but try adding the Iterator step from where you want the further steps to be processed as many times as you want it to be iterated.