• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

There is no Issue data on Jira webhook worklog event

JOY

In the worklog event of Jira webhook, there isn't any data about the Jira issue which this event triggers.
Step:
  • User log a time in a Jira issue to trigger worklog_created event.
  • In the Data of the event in Pabbly Connect, there isn't any data about the issue such as Issue type, Issue key, etc.
There should be these data. Make.com has it.
1702286700941.png

Arshita

Staff member
Hey @JOY

Kindly provide us the workflow name in which you are getting issues.

So we can check on it and guide you further.

Arshita

Staff member
From my examination of your workflow, everything appears to be functioning correctly, and you are successfully receiving the issue key and issue name from the Jira application.

Can you please confirm whether your issues have been resolved or not?

JOY

From my examination of your workflow, everything appears to be functioning correctly, and you are successfully receiving the issue key and issue name from the Jira application.

Can you please confirm whether your issues have been resolved or not?
No it is not.
When a user logs a worklog there isn't any data about the issue such as Issue type, Issue key, etc.
I repeat, when a user logs a worklog.

Arshita

Staff member
Can you help me with the task history where the issue key or issue type is not listed? This will enable me to investigate from our end and provide you with assistance.

Arshita

Staff member
We have reviewed the workflow history along with the task history you provided, and it appears that the event is related to work logs.
In this case, I recommend creating a new workflow specifically for the event work logs.

Once you have created a workflow for the particular event you will receive the issue ID in the response, and based on this issue ID, you can add a Jira action step to retrieve the issue details.

By using the issue ID, you will obtain the issue key and issue type as well.

1702467367785.png

JOY

Sorry but we shouldn't do that. You can see that I have many routers in my workflow. If I split the worklog event, I will end up with duplicated or even multiply the workload to create the workflow, and also increase the task consumption.
So please solve the issue from your side. Zapier and Make.com both provide the issue data in worklog event.

Arshita

Staff member
In this scenario, there is no workaround available as Jira Software has a descriptive webhook.

Furthermore, I would like to clarify that if you create a workflow specifically for the worklog event, it will not increase your task consumption.

In another workflow, if you receive the trigger response, you can add a filter step below it, ensuring that it only runs based on certain filter conditions.

JOY

As I mentioned, Make.com and Zapier have all the issue data on worklog event so it is not the problem of Jira.

Arshita

Staff member
I have forwarded your request to our integration team, and they are currently investigating it.

Additionally, it would be helpful if you could provide us with the account credentials for Jira Software at [email protected], enabling us to check and assist you further.

Arshita

Staff member
Thank you for inviting us. Please allow me time to check with my team, I will get back to you soon.