• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

ThriveCart and Spayee Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marlon M

Hi there,

Can anyone tell me how to connect up ThriveCart so that a purchase from there adds a new student to Spayee LMS or update an existing student by adding enrolling them in a new course they just purchased?

I tried to set it up by first bringing in the data from a test purchase from Thrive Cart, then > Spayee (add learner)> Spayee (Enroll learner to course page)

The problem is it failed when I tried it and I really don't know how to correctly set this up. Spayee are working on a tutorial but no ETA.

Here's what I encountered on the first Spayee action:

1628595282551.png

As you can see I am not sure how it is supposed to be set up. I Would imaging that spayee would autogenerate a password for new accounts but I just told it to use the email address also as a PW.

Whn I save and send test it then returns as not valid.

The other bit I also don't understand is this:

1628596042137.png

Any help would be appreciated!

Pabbly

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like the API token and subdomain has been not added in a proper format. Can you please make sure you're adding them properly?

1628597942076.png

Make sure to put subdomain carefully. You can get the subdomain from your Spayee account as shown below -

1628598334011.png

Marlon M

Ok. You were right about the API and Subdomain not being entered correctly. I needed to just use the first part and leave out .spayee.com

I managed to successfully add a user and enroll them but still unsure about some things:

1. In the password section, what is the best approach for this? Obviously, everyone needs a unique password... is there some way it can be autogenerated by Spayee? For now it worked by me just mapping their email address as the password.

2. No notifications got sent when the person gets enrolled and added to the course. Do you know if this should happen automatically? Otherwise, how do they know what their login details are?

3. What is the proper way to map purchases from existing "learners" who already have an account on Spayee? What I did was duplicate the Workflow for a second product tied to another course and it seems to have enrolled them, but have no idea if I did it the right way.

Thanks again for your help.

Marlon M

Ok. You were right about the API and Subdomain not being entered correctly. I needed to just use the first part and leave out .spayee.com

I managed to successfully add a user and enroll them but still unsure about some things:

1. In the password section, what is the best approach for this? Obviously, everyone needs a unique password... is there some way it can be autogenerated by Spayee? For now it worked by me just mapping their email address as the password.

2. No notifications got sent when the person gets enrolled and added to the course. Do you know if this should happen automatically? Otherwise, how do they know what their login details are?

3. What is the proper way to map purchases from existing "learners" who already have an account on Spayee? What I did was duplicate the Workflow for a second product tied to another course and it seems to have enrolled them, but have no idea if I did it the right way.

Thanks again for your help.
Just to update this.. I was on the chat with Spayee and they told me that they don't automatically send out the emails (see point 2) unless someone purchases via their cart system!! That doesn't make sense as other platforms still send out account info regardless of how the user is created or enrolled.

Anyway, they apparently said I need to add a "mailer" at the end of the workflow to sent out the email via Pabbly but that cannot explain to me how on earth I'm supposed to pull the Account password into that email to send it to the user. They basically said I need to contact Pabbly???

I added an SMTP action at the end but have no clue if this is correct and how I pull in the data for the account.

1628615202495.png

Pabbly

Administrator
Staff member
We have created a sample workflow named "Test Workflow for Spayee" in your account - https://connect.pabbly.com/workflow/mapping/IjExNTA3NyI_3D

The workflow will also create a unique password as you were requesting. Additionally, we have used the SMTP by Pabbly for sending login details as well over email.

Please login to your Pabbly Connect account and review the workflow.

Marlon M

We have created a sample workflow named "Test Workflow for Spayee" in your account - https://connect.pabbly.com/workflow/mapping/IjExNTA3NyI_3D

The workflow will also create a unique password as you were requesting. Additionally, we have used the SMTP by Pabbly for sending login details as well over email.

Please login to your Pabbly Connect account and review the workflow.
First of all, thanks for the workflow setup.

It really helped as I did not know that you could generate passwords using the Number Formatter!

Now I managed to setup two workflows following your example - one for each of two test products. Actually, your workflow didn't work when I switched it on but when I recreated what you did in my other workflows it works... for the most part.

Here's what I encountered:

Basically, one workflow is working and the other isn't (Test Course2-Thrivecart to Spayee).

1 - Multiple Emails Sent
On the workflow Test Course2-Thrivecart to Spayee, the email seems to be firing multiple times.
See here:
https://share.getcloudapp.com/lluozZJG

From the image you'll see that it sent the correct email from the workflow PLUS 2 emails from the other workflow?? theses are not supposed to be connected so I don't think this should be happening.

2 - The user is also being added to multiple courses in Spayee, even though the workflow is assigned to only one. I've tested it multiple times and I cannot see what the difference is between the two workflows. It happens with both existing and new email addresses so there are no previously assigned courses. If you could have a look that'd be great.

3 - The password seems to be regenerated for existing users even though they already have a password set. Actually, the old password still works so maybe I could add a note to say please use your old password if you are an existing user.
I could also simply go back to using the email address as the password, that way it always will be consistent.

If you could check it out for me that would be greatly appreciated!

M

Pabbly

Administrator
Staff member
1 - Multiple Emails Sent
On the workflow Test Course2-Thrivecart to Spayee, the email seems to be firing multiple times.
See here:
https://share.getcloudapp.com/lluozZJG
We tested it from our end and got only a single email notification with the login details. Here's the screenshot of that - https://nimb.ws/hmRYbi

2 - The user is also being added to multiple courses in Spayee, even though the workflow is assigned to only one. I've tested it multiple times and I cannot see what the difference is between the two workflows. It happens with both existing and new email addresses so there are no previously assigned courses. If you could have a look that'd be great.
We have tested the workflow "Test Course2-Thrivecart to Spayee [Multiple email and enrollment issue!]" with [email protected]. Can you please check in your Spayee account and let us know how many courses have been assigned to "[email protected]". Do share the screenshot for reference if they have been assigned more than 2 courses.

3 - The password seems to be regenerated for existing users even though they already have a password set. Actually, the old password still works so maybe I could add a note to say please use your old password if you are an existing user. I could also simply go back to using the email address as the password, that way it always will be consistent.
For now, please consider writing a note asking users to use old passwords if they already have a registered account. Further, we are in touch with the Spayee team regarding the workaround which will let you know if the user is already registered or not. So that if that user is already registered, then we will not send them the email notification with login details.

Marlon M

We tested it from our end and got only a single email notification with the login details. Here's the screenshot of that - https://nimb.ws/hmRYbi

We have tested the workflow "Test Course2-Thrivecart to Spayee [Multiple email and enrollment issue!]" with [email protected]. Can you please check in your Spayee account and let us know how many courses have been assigned to "[email protected]". Do share the screenshot for reference if they have been assigned more than 2 courses.

For now, please consider writing a note asking users to use old passwords if they already have a registered account. Further, we are in touch with the Spayee team regarding the workaround which will let you know if the user is already registered or not. So that if that user is already registered, then we will not send them the email notification with login details.
Thanks for the reply.

1. I just did two more tests... the first one sent two emails but this time only one copy of my custom email, plus the default email that spayee sends when you register through their store. This was never sent before so I'm guessing they are working on the system now to include it. See here: https://share.getcloudapp.com/nOuvYA6O

The second test only sent one email (my custom email) so clearly, something is going on.

2. Today's test only added me to one course (the correct one). Yours also had one so somehow the problem worked itself out or maybe Spayee has some teething issues.

3.Thanks for the password advice and I hope they sort it soon

Pabbly

Administrator
Staff member
1. I just did two more tests... the first one sent two emails but this time only one copy of my custom email, plus the default email that spayee sends when you register through their store. This was never sent before so I'm guessing they are working on the system now to include it. See here: https://share.getcloudapp.com/nOuvYA6O
The second test only sent one email (my custom email) so clearly, something is going on.
Maybe the Spayee team is considering sending the system notification as well from their end when some register up.

2. Today's test only added me to one course (the correct one). Yours also had one so somehow the problem worked itself out or maybe Spayee has some teething issues.
For this, we recommend monitoring the workflow for the next few days. If the issue arises again, then do let us know.

3.Thanks for the password advice and I hope they sort it soon
We will keep you posted with the updates, as soon as we hear from the Spayee team so that we can make the change in your workflow accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.