• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Trigger SMS from Fluent Form Submit

I want to setup an automation so that when someone submits a form on my website with a phone number, it will automatically trigger a text message with a predefined message sent to the phone number. If this is my use case, what are the requirements, important points to be aware of? Ideally, I need the message sent from my Whatsapp number or my Gvoice number, so that I check while outside the office. I need the SMS/text message to be initiated, instantly, and it will have the user's consent, because they just filled out a form where they agreed. This is not a mass mail thing, I need this for once off customers contacting me from my website.

Last edited:
P

Pabblymember11

Hey @curiousgeorge123

You can easily automate sending WhatsApp messages through Pabbly Connect when someone submits a form on your website. By integrating your form with WhatsApp Cloud API via Pabbly Connect's automation workflows, you'll ensure the message is sent instantly to the user's phone number. Pabbly Connect can handle this process by linking the form submission trigger with a WhatsApp Business API provider like Twilio. For step-by-step guidance, you can follow a video lesson that will walk you through setting up the automation, ensuring seamless and real-time communication with your customers.

Thanks for your detailed reply, I think that you are explaining how to get a simple notification text on WhatsApp after a lead form is submitted on a website. However that is not what I am looking for.

I need the WhatsApp message to be a live SMS thread with customer who submitted form...and I need to be able to access from my phone, from my whatsapp.

So the automation would need to grab the phone from a gsheet, prepare a default template message, so that as soon as I get the form lead submission from my website, the automation will grab the phone number and start a chat in WhatsApp with the customer. (Coming from my Whatsapp number)

Does anyone know if this is possible in a way that allows me to keep my WhatsApp on my mobile phone? Because every developer I talk to says that once I sign up for WhatsApp api, the phone number only works in the browser and not on my mobile phone?

Is that true?
W
Is Wati is the only solution here? Or is there other solutions that are cheaper than wati?

Can this be done with only Twilio and Pabbly?

Preeti Paryani

Staff member
Hello @curiousgeorge

Unfortunately, it's not possible to use the same WhatsApp number for both the official API (Cloud or Business) and your mobile phone simultaneously. Once you register your number with the API, it can only be used via the browser or API, not the mobile app.

You can instead use Twilio or Wati to perform the required actions. WATI does provide their mobile app as well so that you can accomplish your following requirment -

I need the WhatsApp message to be a live SMS thread with customer who submitted form...and I need to be able to access from my phone, from my whatsapp.

Hope the above information helps.

Preeti Paryani

Staff member
Hello @curiousgeorge

Please note that Twilio does not provide an app, so your specific use case would not be possible using Twilio. You may consider exploring other options to fulfill your use case, such as Interakt.
a way that allows me to keep my WhatsApp on my mobile phone

Just a heads up - the selection of application is entirely up to you, as we won't be held accountable for making that choice.