• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Unable to find Harvest project by Project Code

I've been using Pabbly to create Harvest projects from my Jira epics for a while now. I'm wanting to automate the archiving of the Harvest project when the epic is closed. The Harvest project code is the Jira issue ID (i.e. the Jira issue is P-123 so the corresponding Harvest project code is P-123).

I have the webhook set up when the issue is resolved, however I am finding that I cannot locate the Harvest project based on the project code, it's requiring me to look it up by the project ID, which I don't have. I thought maybe I could store the Harvest Project ID into a custom field when I create the Harvest project, but it looks like the Jira config only has a small number of fields that I can update, and my custom field is not one of them.

Is there currently a way that I could track this, either by looking up the Harvest project by code or storing the Harvest Project ID into the Jira ticket that I can then reference to archive the project when it's completed?

Thanks!

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
As per the Harvest API documentation, there is no endpoint that utilizes a project code to retrieve a project. Additionally, there is no dedicated endpoint for archiving a project; instead, it suggests using the 'Update Project' action event for the purpose of archiving

Ok - I think that will work if I can store the Harvest Project ID into Jira when the Harvest project is created; however, the Jira endpoint only lets me set a few fields. Is there a way for the Jira endpoint to set a custom field?

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
Ok - I think that will work if I can store the Harvest Project ID into Jira when the Harvest project is created; however, the Jira endpoint only lets me set a few fields. Is there a way for the Jira endpoint to set a custom field?
For this, you will have to get in touch with Jira's support team. If Jira sends custom field data, it will be captured in the trigger step.

For this, you will have to get in touch with Jira's support team. If Jira sends custom field data, it will be captured in the trigger step.
I'm actually asking about setting the custom fields, not reading them. I'm pretty sure I can read them, but I first need to be able to set them. The jira action only has a few fields available to set.

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
I'm actually asking about setting the custom fields, not reading them. I'm pretty sure I can read them, but I first need to be able to set them. The jira action only has a few fields available to set.
Could you please specify which action event you are referring to for setting the custom fields?
1690653976137.png

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
Please allow me some time to discuss the possibility of getting custom fields in the "Update Issue" action event with my team. I will get back to you with an update soon.