• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Unable to trigger events from Stripe (WP Simple Pay)

Assunta

Hi everyone,

I'm having difficulty in setting up a workflow that I have designed, please see below.

1) WP Simple Pay payment form, to collect the data of the clients and the payments:

1677934601847.png

2) the data collected in the form are imported by Stripe as metadata:

1677934506668.png

3) Now the payment form data are in Stripe and must be imported by Pabbly, in order to manage billing and sending the order confirmation.

I did several tests, and:
- Although the payment form fields are imported in Stripe and are visible in the payment screen, the Pabbly Stripe trigger does not recognize them (I guess, because they are metadata arriving from another source and not entered natively from the Stripe form), neither as a new customer nor as a new payment.
- It doesn't seem possible to directly connect WP Simple Pay with Pabbly.

Has anyone had the same problem?
How did you solve?
Ideas about it?
Thanks to those who will help me :)

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Assunta

Please try recapturing the webhook response again when the charge gets the success paid. As we can see the data is coming correctly as you desired. So, if you get the complete data then you may ignore using the Retrieve an Event action step.

Further, please let us know for what trigger event you are trying to fetch the payment details.

1678081914223.png

Assunta

Hi Supreme,

Thank you for your reply.

I need to use the trigger "New Charge" because it can happen an old customer make a second purchase on my site.
Also, I need the data of the client to issue a proper invoice (Company name, address, VAT Number, etc..)

May I ask you to share with me the correct procedure for recapting the webhoock?
Maybe I did somewhere something wrong.

Thanks!
Assunta

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Assunta

You have captured the webhook response for different trigger events and in terms to process the workflow you need to capture the webhook response when a new charge is processed.

And to extract the related data you may use the "Retrieve an Event" action step after the trigger event.

1678166851778.png

Assunta

Hi Supreme,

It does not work and I really don't understand what I did wrong.

I Step: trigger. Pabbly takes the data, not the metadata.

1678219071430.png

Second step. Action

I don't see metadata in the response

1678219131246.png

Do you have any idea what I did wrong?
Thanks

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Assunta

As we can see from your workflow, you are getting the desired fields in the trigger response accordingly.

1678342449280.png

So, please give it a try now and let us know.

Assunta

Hi Supreme!
Yes, now it works!
I set up the workflow through Active Campaing and QBO, we will see in the next days.

Thank you for you help!
Assunta