• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Updating a Clickup Task with its own Custom Fields

Status
Not open for further replies.

SigmaXD

Before the workflow in question, I have a workflow that takes information from a Google form and places them into a new Clickup Task with Custom Fields. This form gathers information needed to create a YouTube Video.

In a second workflow, I would like to accomplish the following:

1: TRIGGER: Any Clickup Task in a specific list is updates to a specific status.
2: Gather selected Custom Fields from that task into Pabbly.
3: Create a Task Comment using the Coming Fields that will have the YouTube Title and Description.
4: Add that created task back into the same ClickUp Task that the custom fields were gathered from.

Here's what I've accomplished so far and the questions that I have about the process:

====================================================

1665688135154.png

This allows me to grab any updated task in the entire workspace. I know that it's a "Free Task" but I'd rather only have tasks in a specific list is updates to a specific status.

Q-01: How do I only trigger this workflow when a task in the list and specific status is updated?

1665688314965.png

Using this step, I am able to select the custom fields for the tasks in the specific list. But there is no indication that only the specific status update will start the workflow.

Q-02: How do I make sure this is triggered only by those tasks that get changed to a specific status?

1665688613139.png

I don't know if this is the right step to take in my workflow.

I want to have these six fields to be used in the custom message.

Q-03: What is the correct "step" to use to extract the data from the custom fields for future steps?

1665689100605.png

This screen shot is from an "Action : Do this 5. ClickUp : Create a Task Comment"

I like how I'm able to insert the comment into the task that was pulled in from the Task (See "Task" 3. Id : 3pc17ge")

I also like the long message I'm able to add to the task using the fields from the previous steps.

Q-04: What am I missing to get the "Custom Fields" from the original Click-up Task to be able to "Create a Task Comment" as shown in the last image?

Thank you very much,

Greg SigmaXD

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @SigmaXD

You can simply use the "ClickUp: Find Task by Task Id" action step to get the custom fields of the task which has attached to it.

Kindly check out the following screenshot for your better understanding.

1665727528623.png

Status
Not open for further replies.