• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Waalaxy Webhook missing Values

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMacauely

Hello,
I'm working on a simple workflow to grab data from our LinkedIn prospecting automation tool (Waalaxy) and pass it over to our CRM when a new or existing connection responds to one of our sales team.

For our CRM to accept the data, the API request must include the contact or prospect's email address or the workflow will fail. The prospecting software (Waalaxy) can only send over an email when LinkedIn users elect to make their email visible on their profile. Thankfully, the majority of our target market chooses to do so but about 25% of the time, they choose not to. That eaves us with a pretty high rate of workflow failure notifications.

We can still respond and talk to these prospects directly through LinkedIn, so it's easy enough to communicate with these folks but it means we either give up on them coming into our CRM until the very end of the sales cycle or rely on our sales reps to enter these prospects manually... either way it is not ideal and it leaves a sizable chunk of our top-of-funnel communications invisible to us.
  • Is there a way that I can set up our Pabbly workflow to apply some conditional logic so that it can tell when a webhook has sent us all the data needed for a later API request to execute before it passing it on to the next step in the workflow?
Ideally, I would like the workflow to be able to tell when the Webhook includes a full data set and when a field value is missing:
  • When a webhook contains all the data needed by the CRM (First name, last name, and email), it should send it on to the API to push it over to the CRM.
  • When a webhook is missing a critical field value (such as the email), I would like to be able to add a placeholder value such as "[email protected]" so that the workflow can successfully execute and get the contacts information into the CRM.
    • Once a prospect is in our CRM we can always set up an automation to regularly find contacts sporting a placeholder email and reach out to them through LinkedIn to get a current email, so the goal for the our Pabbly worklow is to make it work so that we get them in the system.
I've spent several hours watching tutorial videos and trying to configure filters and routers but can't seem to make it work.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to figure out how to do that?

Thanks!

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @DMacauely

To pass a default value in case any values are missing, you can utilize the Default Value action step in Pabbly. This will help ensure that your workflow continues smoothly even when certain data fields are not available initially.

DMacauely

Hey @DMacauely

To pass a default value in case any values are missing, you can utilize the Default Value action step in Pabbly. This will help ensure that your workflow continues smoothly even when certain data fields are not available initially.

Thanks Supreme. Will this allow me to fill in the missing data with dynamic values? If so, how do I do that?

The CRM uses emails as its primary contact identification tool. As a result, every email must not only contain an email in order to be accepted without creating a fault in the workflow but that email must be unique and not already used within the CRM.

If we can fill in the missing data using a standard formula (such as "[email protected]) that produces a unique email address for each webhook that is caught and passed to the API, then it should work fine. However, if we fill in the missing emails with the exact same default email value, then it will only work for the first missing email. Everytime after that it will return an error stating that the email address has already been used.

Supreme

Staff member
The CRM uses emails as its primary contact identification tool. As a result, every email must not only contain an email in order to be accepted without creating a fault in the workflow but that email must be unique and not already used within the CRM.

If we can fill in the missing data using a standard formula (such as "[email protected]) that produces a unique email address for each webhook that is caught and passed to the API, then it should work fine. However, if we fill in the missing emails with the exact same default email value, then it will only work for the first missing email. Everytime after that it will return an error stating that the email address has already been used.
You can refer to the screenshot below for instructions on how to pass default values using the user's name in case their email address is missing.

1711614635625.png

Status
Not open for further replies.