• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Webhook Structure Changed Unexpectedly

Dan

Already sent this via email, but was advised to post here also.

Hi,

I've set up a system for a client that processes subscriptions through Pabbly's Subscription Billing and uses the webhooks triggered by each transaction to process the user information and supply the product.

Recently, the system went down due to changes in the way Pabbly structures the Webhook data.

Notably, the customers email was pervious accessible in the webhook here:

data.transaction.receipt_email

Recently, that field has been made permanently null. The email is now located at:

data.invoice.subscription.email_id

The restructuring of webhook data caused a lot of the backend of the service provided to the customers to cease its correct function.Can this change be reverted, or does the system need to be adapted to the new format?

If the format of the webhook can change without warning, it makes it very difficult to build reliable systems that utilise them.

Thanks

P

Pabblymember14

Hi Dan,

Thank you for contacting us.

We haven't done any changes on data.transaction.receipt_email because this data comes from the Stripe Payment gateway.

If you're looking for the customer data like customer email, then you'll get this data inside the customer section which we have recently added to our system, you can access customer details inside this, Example: data.customer.email_id

2021-06-23_19h48_45.png

If you have any doubts about this, please let us know.

Dan

Thanks for this.

Is there a reason that data.transaction.receipt_email would suddenly be returning null?

Does this mean that anything under 'transaction' is unreliable?

Thanks.

S

Sonam

Thanks for this.

Is there a reason that data.transaction.receipt_email would suddenly be returning null?

Does this mean that anything under 'transaction' is unreliable?

Thanks.
You can simply enable the below setting in your Stripe account to get the required data -

1624595635082.png

Dan

Hi,

I understand I can get the email in alternative ways, I'm just looking to understand that systems built around specific webhook data that Pabbly supplies will be reliable.

So, which parts of the webhook's structure is unreliable (subject to change) and which parts of the webhook data packet are consistent.

Thanks

S

Sonam

Hi,

I understand I can get the email in alternative ways, I'm just looking to understand that systems built around specific webhook data that Pabbly supplies will be reliable.

So, which parts of the webhook's structure is unreliable (subject to change) and which parts of the webhook data packet are consistent.

Thanks
We work on the improvements of system functionality due to which APIs are updated from time to time. But in such cases, we never remove the essential data in fact we always strive to send more data through a webhook response.