• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Webhooks failure when connect with Active Campaing

Hello,
I am writing here because Pabbly Customer Care has refused to help me (very very badly this time).

On Active Campain inside automations I am using the pabbly webhooks, in the workflows of pabbly when webhooks are triggered they send messages with Ultra Msg, and this was working well for any automations and workflows.

Since 7-10 days instead sometimes when there are many webhooks triggered requested from Active Campaign to Pabbly at the same time (over 1k), Pabbly refused some webhooks and so there is an error on Active Campaign (because AC cannot communicate with Pabbly webhooks).

At the same time can happen that on the same Pabbly Flow and same Active Campaign automation, some webhooks fail some are successful. For example 1000k requests at the same time, 800 good, 200 fail. But with this bug, I can't reach all my contacts and this is a huge problem for my company.

This happens with different workflows and different AC automation, the problem is the queue of the request at the same time.
On workflows report Pabbly does not show any mistake, since the system does not trigger the Flows because It is Pabbly webhooks itself that refuse the request from Active Campaign.

I have also created a video but at the moment I can only share in private since there are some of my contacts in the video.

Is anyone can help me with this bug?

Thanks

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @sportinvest

Can you please tell us the frequency of the trigger response coming from the triggering application? Along with that share the task history Id which is getting failed.

Hello, task history shows no failed task, this is because webhooks failed at the start (as that link connect.pabbly.com did not exist after several request).

These triggers all happen at the same time (for example 8.00 pm), so 251+498+330 at the same time. This is the problem I think.

Schermata 2023-05-01 alle 16.55.52.png
Schermata 2023-05-01 alle 16.56.00.png

Schermata 2023-05-01 alle 16.56.07.png

Supreme

Staff member
Kindly share the task history ID or the workflow URL, so that we can check on the issue.

Hello,
there is no trace of error in task history as I said, because the problem is on the webhook at the start.

Any workflow have the same errors, for example:

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @sportinvest

Currently, the webhook trigger event has a rate limit of 400 requests per minute and as we can see from your workflows tasks history, you are getting more than 500 requests.

1683092624321.png

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @sportinvest

At the moment, it's not possible to increase the rate limit of Webhook requests. As an alternative solution, we recommend decreasing the frequency of webhook requests. You can consider reducing the rate of webhook requests to Pabbly if feasible.

Supreme

Staff member
Further, you can once check from the triggering application to retry the webhook request which resends a webhook request that has failed or was not successful on the first attempt. When a webhook request fails, it typically returns an error code or message indicating why the request failed. A retry webhook request allows the sender to automatically resend the request without having to intervene manually.

When a webhook request fails, the sender can implement a retry mechanism that will automatically resend the request after a specified period of time. The retry interval can be set to a predefined time period or can be dynamic based on the response received from the application's end which is sending the webhook data. The number of times the request should be retried can also be specified.

Retry webhook requests are useful when network connectivity issues or server errors cause webhook requests to fail. By automatically retrying failed requests, webhook senders can improve the reliability and consistency of their webhook integrations. However, it's important to implement retry mechanisms with care to avoid overloading the receiving endpoint URL with repeated requests.

Also, can we avoid this in a certain way with Active Campaign and Pabbly? I mean using some "delay" or something in the Pabbly Workflow, to trigger each webhook after 5-10 seconds of delay?
As I can see Pabbly only allow to set delay after the trigger.

Any idea? Maybe using a third party, app.

Supreme

Staff member
We've examined your request and come to the conclusion that the rate cap cannot be raised above this point. Why, specifically:

The rate cap is in place to ensure that our system can manage incoming webhook requests and prevent overload or crashes. This limit has been carefully calculated based on the ability of our system to process requests; going over it may have serious negative effects on the stability and dependability of the system.

Technical restrictions also make it difficult for us to quickly raise the rate limit. adjustments to the rate limit would necessitate significant adjustments to our infrastructure because the ability of our system to handle requests depends on elements like server capacity, network bandwidth, and computing power.

Hello, nope actually I am using some condition on AC to try to have less than 400 webhooks each minutes

This is a gold mine and can work well. Unfortunately plans have 100k tasks only which for a big company is a poor number
Hey SportInvest,

Thank you so much! I'm really grateful for this. HookDeck seems to be a great solution! I'm definitely going to try it out today.

I appreciate you getting back to me.

Bruce