• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Why does copying and rerunning deprecated Code Step, even despite changing the connection, still make it as deprecated?

JeffreyYu

please see: https://forum.pabbly.com/threads/why-doesnt-work-in-code.17121/

When I tried to just recopy the deprecated code step, and change the action step from Run Python (deprecated), to Run Python, and then execute it, it worked. BUT there was still a notification in the top left corner saying the step was deprecated.

Thus, I had to create an entirely new code step and copy paste it in. The problem was that, then, I had to trace through the rest of my entire workflow for every single new code step, and then reassign the output. Since I missed a few (there were other 21 affected steps), it actually caused some issues in our emailing line this morning.

To solve this, could Pabbly make it so when a deprecated step is copied, and the connection fixed, it removes the deprecated sign?

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
Hi @JeffreyYu,
please see: https://forum.pabbly.com/threads/why-doesnt-work-in-code.17121/

When I tried to just recopy the deprecated code step, and change the action step from Run Python (deprecated), to Run Python, and then execute it, it worked. BUT there was still a notification in the top left corner saying the step was deprecated.

Thus, I had to create an entirely new code step and copy paste it in. The problem was that, then, I had to trace through the rest of my entire workflow for every single new code step, and then reassign the output. Since I missed a few (there were other 21 affected steps), it actually caused some issues in our emailing line this morning.
What seems to have happened here is that you copied a deprecated action step and ran the code using this step. Since the code executed as intended, you proceeded to map the response in the next steps. However, because you copied a deprecated step, the sign remained.

To solve this, could Pabbly make it so when a deprecated step is copied, and the connection fixed, it removes the deprecated sign?
Thank you for the suggestion. I will pass this on to our technical team, and they will look into it.

JeffreyYu

Great, thank you!

I should have clarified: when I copied the deprecated code step, I also changed the Action Event from the deprecated version to the non-deprecated one. But, the deprecated sign still remained

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
That seems unusual. Could you kindly verify if the deprecated sign is still visible or is it fixed now?

JeffreyYu

I unfortunately already got rid of all the deprecated code steps by manually adding a new one. BUT next time, if this happens again, I will record it happening and put it in a post!

JeffreyYu

Hi Pabbly! I found a code step I had skipped over before, and was able to manually reproduce the issue!

Please see the Loom I recorded on it:

JeffreyYu

Update: when I reload the page though, the step appears to no longer be deprecated! But this behavior is deviant from other steps, which say that the step has been fixed as soon as we run and save a successful test

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
When making changes to a deprecated application, ensure that you select the application from the 'Choose App' field. This will help resolve the issue.
1696961017627.png

JeffreyYu

Ohhh that’s different from other steps. I Will try that next time, thank you!

Doesn’t that mean though, if I change the step, all subsequent steps that are dependent on it will lose the connection? Aka will show up as “No Data”?

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
Mapping depends on the Key received from a particular step response. As long as the Key remains the same, your mapping should not be impacted. However, this is something you will have to try at your end