• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Why doesn't "<" work in Code?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffreyYu

When I run:

turnaround = "Normal (3 day turnaround)"
return turnaround

It returns "Normal" without a problem.

But when I run:

turnaround = "Normal (<3 day turnaround)"
return turnaround

It returns: EOL while scanning string literal (<string>, line 3)

Why does the < character cause this issue? how can i work around it?

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
Hi @JeffreyYu,

Could you please record a short video of running this code in an online compiler and Code by Pabbly, and then show the difference in the results?

JeffreyYu

Done! Please see this loom here:

I think the <> is being parsed as a tag for some reason... there's also no way to escape it that I can find.

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
Please allow us some time to look into this concern. We will get back to you with an update soon.

JeffreyYu

Got it! I'll try it out tomorrow.

I saw this deprecated the code step as well -- will this happen whenever the Python code is updated? if so, will we get an alert so we know to update our code steps? or will there be an update that will automatically update the step for us in the future?

Supreme

Staff member
We have departed the older version of Code bt Pabbly: Python action step and no it will not update itself if any changes were made.

However, if there are any major changes the action step could be deprecated and a new version will be introduced.

or will there be an update that will automatically update the step for us in the future?
At present, the notification for deprecation is part of our roadmap. We will keep you informed once it has been implemented.

Status
Not open for further replies.