• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Why is Pabbly's API request timeout so low?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonbstrong

I asked about this a few times on Facebook but never received a clear answer.

I'm wondering why Pabbly's API timeout is so low (15 seconds) in comparison to Integromat's (40 seconds by default, which can also be adjusted to anywhere between 1-300 seconds).

As a result of this extremely low limit, many APIs won't work with Pabbly because it takes longer than 15 seconds to return a response.

It doesn't seem like a particularly hard thing to change - so why is Pabbly's limit so low and why can't they just increase it to something more reasonable?
(I also created a feature request to change it here)

If there is a valid reason for the limit being so low, that's fair enough! But up until now, no such reason has been given.

Neeraj

Administrator
Staff member
99.9% of API requests finish in less than 3 seconds. We are currently not planning to increase the timeout limit beyond 15 seconds.

You have mentioned Integromat, they do not have an in-built delay module to query something after a certain delay. We at Pabbly have the delay module and we are asking users to make use of it.

Rather than having Pabbly wait for an API response beyond a certain threshold, you can implement a delay module with a 1-minute delay and then fire a GET request to the external service provider for getting the data out of it.

Read furthermore about it here in details:
https://forum.pabbly.com/threads/pabbly-connect-timeout-limits.855/

Last edited:

jonbstrong

OK, thanks for clarifying!
This gives us another reason to use a different platform (i.e. Integromat) instead Pabbly - but at the end of the day, it's your decision.
Adding the extra complication of a delay step and an additional GET request feels like adding extra steps that shouldn't really be necessary.

OK, thanks for clarifying!
This gives us another reason to use a different platform (i.e. Integromat) instead Pabbly - but at the end of the day, it's your decision.
Adding the extra complication of a delay step and an additional GET request feels like adding extra steps that shouldn't really be necessary.

I support this, an extra step shouldn't be necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.