• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Why the trigger wait?

drf

I don't understand why the trigger time is 8 hours. I see that it can be reduced to 10 minutes if I request it, but I don't understand why? Why not instantly?

It makes it a pain to test a new workflow.
Doesn't it make it harder for Pabbly? You have the trigger event logged, but you have to hold it for 10 minutes before running the workflow?

Another question (I am sending contacts from one app to Google Contacts). Lets say it triggers when I put in "data A". In the next couple of minutes I update my contact so now it's "data B". Then the workflow runs. Will it do it with "data A" or "data B", or will it run twice (once with "data A" and once with "data B"). What I'm asking is if you store the trigger with the data when it was triggered, or do you poll the data when it runs. If it's the latter case, what if I already erased it?

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
Hi @drf,

In Pabbly Connect, we offer both polling-based triggers and webhook-based triggers. Webhook-based triggers are triggered instantaneously whenever there is an update in the source application.

What you are referring to are polling-based triggers. Polling-based triggers check for any new updates in the source application at regular intervals. In most applications, this interval is set to 8 hours, but it can be reduced to a minimum of 10 minutes.

For example, Microsoft OneDrive has a polling-based trigger, which means it checks OneDrive for newly uploaded files every 10 minutes. If a new file has been uploaded within the last 10 minutes, it will capture the file, and your workflow will be executed. If multiple new files have been uploaded within the last 10 minutes (between one check and the next), your workflow will be triggered that many times.

If an application supports webhooks, we generally prefer to use webhook-based triggers for that particular application. However, there are certain applications that do not support webhooks, and for those, we use polling-based triggers.

Another question (I am sending contacts from one app to Google Contacts). Lets say it triggers when I put in "data A". In the next couple of minutes I update my contact so now it's "data B". Then the workflow runs. Will it do it with "data A" or "data B", or will it run twice (once with "data A" and once with "data B").
Trigger will fetch Data B and execute your workflow with that data.

What I'm asking is if you store the trigger with the data when it was triggered, or do you poll the data when it runs. If it's the latter case, what if I already erased it?
If the data has already been erased, then your workflow will not be triggered.

PBAG

What you are referring to are polling-based triggers. Polling-based triggers check for any new updates in the source application at regular intervals. In most applications, this interval is set to 8 hours, but it can be reduced to a minimum of 10 minutes.

Hi would like to ask how to reduce Polling-based triggers from 8 hours to a minimum of 10 minutes ? can u provide me any relevant guide?

Supreme

Staff member
Hi would like to ask how to reduce Polling-based triggers from 8 hours to a minimum of 10 minutes ? can u provide me any relevant gui

Could you please provide the URL for the workflow you'd like to expedite the trigger time on? This will allow us to review and potentially decrease the trigger time from our end.

while for the webhook-based trigger is it possible to delay the trigger time from instant to 10 minutes ?
You can simply use the Delay action step of 10 minutes after the trigger event to process the trigger response in every 10 minutes.