• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Infinity - updating label fields

axylus

Hi

Has anyone successfully used Pabbly with Infinity (startinfinity.com).

I am trying to update a record that has a label field. The problem is, whatever I try to update the field with I get an error I.e "Invalid data "label name" supplied to "label" attribute: Data "'label name'" is not an array supplied to App\Item\Types\Label class.".

Workflow Name - Infinity Update

If anyone has any suggestions it would be great. This works fine with Zapier, but really want to move to Pabbly.

P

PabblyMember4

Hey @axylus

Could you please confirm that the custom fields you have made from Infinity are of Plain text type or not? Though the fields should be plain text type from your account as the Infinity API accepts that only.

1662113953069.png

Kindly create the field type as Text instead of Label for the following field and then try.
1662114021964.png

Thanks
Kunal

axylus

Hi Kunai

Text record works fine, and I need the label fields. You say that the Infinity API does not support label fields the API documentation says it works and ZAPIER works fine.

Thanks
Ben

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @axylus

As of now, we are not supporting the label field in the Infinity action.

Though we are currently working on it and if possible we will start supporting the label field as well on the action step.

axylus

@Supreme - just to clarify, are you saying that you are working on adding this functionality? If yes, do you know how long it might take and how would I find out that it is ready to test?

Many Thanks

axylus

Hi

I was reviewing other Infinity related questions and I see that back in June you fixed the ability to "Create Items" with label fields. Did I miss something on "Update Item", am I doing something wrong or is it just not working right now?

Thanks
Ben

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @axylus

We have replied to your query on your another thread, kindly review that up.

axylus

Hey @Supreme

These were 2 separate questions - this is related to the Infinity integration where I need to update labels. The other was me learning the API module. So my question about updating labels in Infinity still stands.

Many Thanks
Ben

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @axylus

The other was me learning the API module. So my question about updating labels in Infinity still stands.
So, you can refer to the following video tutorial on how you can use the API by Pabbly action step or can contact StartInfinfity support team on how you can update the items as you want.

wibbler

I'm not entirely sure if this fits your scenario @axylus - but I am using Infinity Labels with pabbly just fine, although it is a bit of a workaround. The thread I discuss it in is sadly private, but in essence I'm using Lookup Tables to translate the name of the Labels to the attribute ID in Infinity.

axylus

Hi @Supreme - I have tried this and that does not work as expected. This works fine if I know the ID of the Label value, but if I enter ["Yes"] for example, it doesn't work. My scenario is this:
1. Data imported in google sheet. (Labels are shown as the actual value)
2. Pull the data from the unique item ID in infinity using your search item
3. Update the record in infinity with changes, could be a label changing from ["no"] to ["yes] or a numeric/text/checkbox value change
If I use Pabbly to create a new record then this works as you show the label value in the drop down, but if I update a record I have to use the unique value id.

I use this solution today in Zapier, so I know it can work. So any thoughts, ideas you may have would be very helpful in enabling me to migrate to your platform.

Many Thanks
Ben

Last edited:

axylus

I'm not entirely sure if this fits your scenario @axylus - but I am using Infinity Labels with pabbly just fine, although it is a bit of a workaround. The thread I discuss it in is sadly private, but in essence I'm using Lookup Tables to translate the name of the Labels to the attribute ID in Infinity.
Hi @wibbler - thanks for letting me know, I think the amount of labels we use would require so many lookups, but would love to see an example of your workflow if you are happy to share with me?

Many thanks
Ben

Supreme

Staff member
Hi @Supreme - I have tried this and that does not work as expected. This works fine if I know the ID of the Label value, but if I enter ["Yes"] for example, it doesn't work. My scenario is this:
1. Data imported in google sheet. (Labels are shown as the actual value)
2. Pull the data from the unique item ID in infinity using your search item
3. Update the record in infinity with changes, could be a label changing from ["no"] to ["yes] or a numeric/text/checkbox value change
If I use Pabbly to create a new record then this works as you show the label value in the drop down, but if I update a record I have to use the unique value id.

I use this solution today in Zapier, so I know it can work. So any thoughts, ideas you may have would be very helpful in enabling me to migrate to your platform.

For your concern, we can suggest you to create as many lookups as you are having the Label fields and can manually take the label id and pass it with the name along in the Lookup Table action step.

axylus

For your concern, we can suggest you to create as many lookups as you are having the Label fields and can manually take the label id and pass it with the name along in the Lookup Table action step.
Thanks for the update. From a time perspective this will hold me off moving to Pabbly. I would have loved to have migrated over, but in Zapier it’s so easy. I thought this would be functionality you would have liked to have added to get more people to migrate to Pabbly.

axylus

Hi @Supreme - can you help me with how to use the lookup to get the values? I have just purchased the ultimate plan, I will try and get a solution working if you can help

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @axylus

As we can see from your workflow, you have already built the lookup table for the project name attribute whereas you only need to map the name of the project from the trigger response.

In a similar way, you can build the other option fields to map the data further with the help of the Lookup table.

image.png