• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Discord bot posts the same message multiple times per trigger in Jira.

JOY

Please help me to check. ID: IjEzMzk1MSI_3D
1631526219456.png

1631526101725.png

P

PabblyMember3

We reviewed your workflow history and tested the Jira triggers at our end as well.

For Issue Updated trigger event in Jira, data is pushing to your workflow from Jira very frequently. Even with small changes performed in any issue on Jira, it pushes the data to Pabbly Connect.

I would recommend you to contact Jira in this regard as we are just receiving the coming data from Jira. Maybe it needs the following filter changes for the trigger event that you have configured in Pabbly Connect trigger to limit the coming data.

Code:
(project = HNE AND issueType = Story) AND (Sprint in (futureSprints(),openSprints()) OR sprint = EMPTY)

JOY

We reviewed your workflow history and tested the Jira triggers at our end as well.

For Issue Updated trigger event in Jira, data is pushing to your workflow from Jira very frequently. Even with small changes performed in any issue on Jira, it pushes the data to Pabbly Connect.

I would recommend you to contact Jira in this regard as we are just receiving the coming data from Jira. Maybe it needs the following filter changes for the trigger event that you have configured in Pabbly Connect trigger to limit the coming data.

Code:
(project = HNE AND issueType = Story) AND (Sprint in (futureSprints(),openSprints()) OR sprint = EMPTY)
I'm sorry but I cannot agree with you. I tested the integration with that JQL on Integrately, Zapier and Integromat and none of them have this issue.
And no, I can confirm those messages come at once. They are duplicatted messages, not the same ones.

Supreme

Staff member
I'm sorry but I cannot agree with you. I tested the integration with that JQL on Integrately, Zapier and Integromat and none of them have this issue.
And no, I can confirm those messages come at once. They are duplicatted messages, not the same ones.
We are looking into this and will update you.

Supreme

Staff member

Please try setting up a new workflow or clone the existing workflow with Jira trigger using webhooks as shown below. It will resolve the multiple trigger issue.

1631775920886.png

You need to add the webhooks in Jira account as shown below. Just make sure you're selecting only one event per webhook -

1631776069805.png

Last edited:

JOY

If I understand correctly, that's a terrible idea. One workflow always have many event data.

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @JOY
One workflow always have many event data.
Unique Workflow ( Webhook URL ) will avoid the Duplicate issue. Further, if one workflow has many different event data that you can use a filter module or router to filter out a specific event

JOY

You don't understand my point.
Ex: I have a workflow named: Update issue in Jira -> Send Discord Notification.
But in Jira, there are kind of 100 things to updates: Status, Summary, Comment, Assignee, etc.
Now you told me to select 1 event per webhook. So I must create 100 webhook???

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @JOY

We've got your concern and would like to inform you that, you're are not restricted to create multiple workflows for different events.

You can select multiple events for a single webhook URL, along with a proper JQL query as per your requirements.

JQL: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/use-advanced-search-with-jira-query-language-jql/

With the Issue Updated event, if you want other information like Comment, Assignee, Status, etc in the webhook response from Jira, then you need to select for Comment Created, Updated, Deleted event along with Issue Updated event and, JQL condition for Assignee & Status.

Moreover, we would recommend deleting your workflow with the older Jira trigger setup and kindly set the new workflow with a new webhook URL in your account to test your condition.

Last edited by a moderator: