• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Acuity + ClientJoy

shangle

I want to have ClientJoy add a new lead when someone books a particular appointment in Acuity type BUT I need it to check to see if the lead already exists and only add them as a Lead if they aren't already in the CRM.
I know this needs to be a conditional statement of some type..
So
TRIGGER- when some books appointment type X - ACTION - then check to see if there is an email match in the Leads and if there is a match do nothing , if there is not a match then add the data as a new lead.
At the same time - I would also like the creation of the Acuity appointment to create the appointment task in clientjoy - since that is a totally different scenario I'm thinking I would need to make a different workflow.

Can one trigger - (Book appointment) - make two different actions happen?

Example:
New person books appointment type X - is TRIGGER/ create new lead if one doesn't exists and also - add that date/time for appointment as action in client joy is ACTION
New appointment type X booked - is TRIGGER / if lead exists then add the the date time of appointment in ClientJoy.
I'm coming from a different integration software and can't seem to figure out how to make the conditional steps happen in one workflow and though I've watched a few of the videos, I'm missing this basic concept of how do make conditional actions happen in Pabbly Connect.
Thanks a ton

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @shangle

Please check the following mentioned workflow below, where we have implemented the use case as per your requirement.

Workflow - Coffee Call - Update in CJ

Note - We have filled some dummy values in the action step but you can use the real and dynamic values to run the automation.

shangle

Hey @shangle

Please check the following mentioned workflow below, where we have implemented the use case as per your requirement.

Workflow - Coffee Call - Update in CJ

Note - We have filled some dummy values in the action step but you can use the real and dynamic values to run the automation.
Oh Supreme - thanks so much - I see why you have that nick!
What you did is really helpful thanks. And it handles the find the lead and add it if it doesn't exist.

What about the part if I do find the lead - then just update the record with the new appointment date and time?
Do I build that into the same Workflow or make a new one. ?

Thanks so much for the example, it really helps me to understand how to go about this.

Supreme

Staff member
What about the part if I do find the lead - then just update the record with the new appointment date and time?
Do I build that into the same Workflow or make a new one. ?
Yes, in the same workflow with the help of the Router action step, you can create a route where you can perform the update contact.

shangle

Yes, in the same workflow with the help of the Router action step, you can create a route where you can perform the update contact.

Hi Supreme
I watched the video - and understand how the router works.
Where I am stuck is that my logic goes like this right now
Trigger- Appointment books
Action- Find Lead
Logic - If lead is not found
Action - Create Lead
Action - Add appointment date to the lead

Router - should handle this statement
Find Lead - If lead is not found - Create lead - add appointment
Find Lead - If lead is found - add appointment

I can't figure out where the router split should go - when I try to add it, it warns me that it should be at the end

So here's my guess
Trigger - Appointment books
Action - Find Lead
Router - If no lead found- then create + add date of appointment (two steps)
If lead is found - then add appointment date

Am I on the right track?

shangle

I've actually tried to make this work - and it seems impossible.
Creating an appointment from the Acuity data - which only gives the start time fails because CJ is requiring an end time.
Also I can't figure out how to make it attach the appointment to the right lead.I
In addition - CJ is not showing the company name or the Notes field when I want to map the data to Create a new lead if not found.
I was able to make a new appointment make a new lead with all the fields I wanted when I used Zapier but I hadn't tried to make the appointment appear in ClientJoy as my free plan on Z doesn't allow for multi-step.
I would much rather become a paying customer of Pabbly if I can figure this out.
After 90 mins - I still don't have success.
I'm going to scale back my goal to see if I can simply make a new client and skip the booking of an appointment because I'm not sure that is possible
I'm open to ideas and learning how Pabbly can do this, if there is a way.
The video on Routing didn't help that much as the use case was very different than my goal.
The video showed how to use ONE FORM to send data to multiple locations based on input where I think I need more of a multi-step if then.
If there is a not already person with that email as a lead then do all this... add lead ...book date/time of appointment
If there is already a lead with that email then simply book a new appointment.
I think part of the issue is that in CJ when I click on New appointment it is tied to the business name
I've attached a screen shot of the record that was created via automation in Zapier and a screen shot of what I see when I book an appointment in Client Joy as I think that will help us see what the roadblock is
So booking the appointment seemed to fail in Zapier as well - so it must be something weird on CJ side I'll see if they can help me.

Attachments

• Screen for New appointment.png
    Screen for New appointment.png
    49.5 KB · Views: 44
  • New client Record created by automation Zapier.png
    New client Record created by automation Zapier.png
    82.3 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

Supreme

Staff member
Where I am stuck is that my logic goes like this right now
Trigger- Appointment books
Action- Find Lead
Logic - If lead is not found
Action - Create Lead
Action - Add appointment date to the lead

Router - should handle this statement
Find Lead - If lead is not found - Create lead - add appointment
Find Lead - If lead is found - add appointment

I can't figure out where the router split should go - when I try to add it, it warns me that it should be at the end

So here's my guess
Trigger - Appointment books
Action - Find Lead
Router - If no lead found- then create + add date of appointment (two steps)
If lead is found - then add appointment date

Am I on the right track?
Certainly, that's accurate. Please inform us of your previous attempts in this regard so that we can assess them and provide you with the appropriate assistance.

shangle

What can I do, if anything to expose all the fields I see when I use create LEAD in CJ.
I'm missing the Notes field

shangle

Hmmm -
I can see in the documentation that those fields don't appear to be available in the API.
In CJ here's what I see.
1696071156369.png

And when I use Zapier I can write to that field -
1696071254901.png

I am still waiting to hear back from support at CJ - and asked them why I can't see that field with Pabbly. I'll update this thread as soon as I have an answer.
And I've also asked why they connect the Meeting with the COMPANY name not the individual when that field isn't available when we try to automate booking an appointment.

Last edited:

shangle

@Supreme
I've spoken with ClientJoy - and they have updated the API... they asked me to pass this along to you
{
"lead": {
"stage": "Qualified",
"source": "Reference",
"assignee": "[email protected]",
"deal_size": 6500,
"conversion_probablity": 70,
"is_public": true,
"last_contacted_at": "2021-04-06 12:34:23",
"currency": "USD",
"primary_contact": {
"name": "Spider Man",
"email": "[email protected]",
"title": "Superhero",
"phone_number": "1234567890"
},
"company": {
"name": "Avengers",
"website": "Avangers.com",
"billing_address": {
"address": "Forest Hills",
"city": "Metropolitan Avenue",
"state": "New York",
"country": "USA",
"zipcode": "10001"
}
},
"custom_fields": [],
"tags": ["tag1", "tag2", "new tag"],
"note": "new note"
}
}

Supreme

Staff member
We have added the Note field in the action step, so kindly reconnect the action step once and then try again.