• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

API firebase notification help

Chris_W

Hi my website is a wordpress news website. I have a mobile app hosted on firebase. I would like to automatically create mobile notifications of world news headlines as they are posted on my website.

Is someone able to help me with my workflow to automatically push firebase notifications when a new post is made in a certain category (world). I am currently using my RSS feed to check for posts.

Here is the API documentation I am following: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/37490629/firebase-send-notification-with-rest-api

I have entered the below labels in my Pabbly API flow:
Headers: Content-Type, Authorization
Parameters: to, title, body, mutable_content, sound, url, dl

I'm not sure how the Pabbly API set up when there is an object with other properties inside it (eg. "data": { )

Thanks in advance!

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
Hi @Chris_W,

Please try using the API by Pabbly: Custom Request action event.
1686506003290.png

Chris_W

Hey thanks for the quick reply!

I was able to get a positive API response through Pabbly, but now I'm unsure where the notification has gone.

I can't see anything in Firebase, nor did I see any notifications on my phone.

Is there another step in Pabbly that I need to implement?

Attachments

• API response.PNG
    API response.PNG
    19.2 KB · Views: 45

Supreme

Staff member
The API response is not generated or modified by Pabbly, it is the response was has come in response to the API request you have made from the application. Also, there is no other action step available to process your Firebase request.

So, kindly contact the Firebase support team for concerns.

Chris_W

Ok thank you I will contact them.

I had another question in Pabbly, is it possible to schedule by Pabbly app if it is the 2nd step in the workflow?

1st step is to schedule the workflow to run once a day, 2nd step is to check an rss feed for new posts. Alternatively, 1st step is to check an rss feed for new posts, 2nd step is to only continue if the workflow hasn't run within the past 24 hours.

Supreme

Staff member
1st step is to schedule the workflow to run once a day, 2nd step is to check an rss feed for new posts. Alternatively, 1st step is to check an rss feed for new posts, 2nd step is to only continue if the workflow hasn't run within the past 24 hours.
The Schedule by Pabbly trigger will always be on the trigger.

Kindly tell us what trigger event you are using was it the RSS trigger or the Schedule: Once?

Chris_W

RSS trigger. Is there a workaround to schedule the RSS trigger?

Advice I received on the facebook group was to ask if it is possible to increase the polling time for RSS trigger in my account to 24 hours?

Supreme

Staff member
RSS trigger. Is there a workaround to schedule the RSS trigger?
Do you want to switch on and off the workflow for a certain duration every day?

Advice I received on the facebook group was to ask if it is possible to increase the polling time for RSS trigger in my account to 24 hours?
If you want to increase the polling time to 24 hrs then kindly share the workflow URL.

Chris_W

The workflow is intended to send push notifications to my app users, but I want to make sure they aren't flooded with notifications.

The workflow uses my RSS feed to get the notification title to send. The workflow also checks that the notification is from a specific category before continuing the workflow. I would like to make sure no more than 4 notifications are sent each day, do you have a workaround for this?

Here is the link: https://connect.pabbly.com/workflow/mapping/IjU3NjUwNTZkMDYzMjA0M2M1MjZlNTUzNDUxMzci_pc

Chris_W

Ok fair enough, thanks for letting me know.

Is there a way to extract the text from a specific URL? For example if I wanted to extract the title and content from a BBC post and I have the URL, could I extract it somehow?

I've tried using a GET API call to the URL which extracts the full html but I can't extract the text from the html.

Supreme

Staff member
Is there a way to extract the text from a specific URL? For example if I wanted to extract the title and content from a BBC post and I have the URL, could I extract it somehow?
You can try the Text Formatter: Text Parser action step to extract the text from a certain defined position.

1686985049024.png