• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Bug on Whatsapp Cloud API app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlos Melo

Hello,

I am building a workflow which has Whatsapp Cloud API app as the last step.
The problem is that the app is asking for a field which it should not be asked for.

The message template I am using in it has two actions buttons, one Dinamic and other Static. However, the step is asking for the Static URL, along with the Dinamic URL, as you can see in the image below:

Screenshot at Mar 17 19-03-59.png

Please check the template builder in my whatsapp business account:

q.jpeg

Please check the image below that I had to create to show you the URLs I'm using, because if I insert them here the forum turns them into clickable images.

Screenshot at Mar 17 19-36-54.png

Please note: the green part should come from the Dinamic button field, but what is added is the red URL which is brought from the Static field in my tests.

As a result, the Static button works fine but the Dinamic one doesn't.

I have been tryied a template message with only Dinamic button and it works fine.

Here you can see the message template that I receive from my test.

300.jpeg

So Pabbly should not allow that wrong field to be there, which is causing this bug.
I require the developer team to fix it so that I can go ahead with my project.

Thank you,
Carlos Melo.

Last edited:

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
Hi @Carlos Melo,

Could you please share the Workflow URL in which you have this concern? Also, have you tried executing this action step without entering any data in the Static button field?

Carlos Melo

hi Arshil, thank you for your support.

Yes, I've just tried to executing it without data in the Static button field but I got a system error, as you can see in the image below:

w.png

And here is the workflow URL:

Supreme

Staff member
Yes, I've just tried to executing it without data in the Static button field but I got a system error, as you can see in the image below:
This template field is required. If you leave the template field empty, your messages may not be delivered and give the error.

So, please check the field once by passing the static URL manually in the respective field.

Carlos Melo

Please @Supreme, read my first post to understand everything.

Thanks.
This template field is required. If you leave the template field empty, your messages may not be delivered and give the error.

So, please check the field once by passing the static URL manually in the respective field.

Please @Supreme, read my first post to understand everything and why I have sent that quoted message.

Thanks.

Carlos Melo

Ok, let's add more information here.
When using Dinamic action button Whatsapp Cloud API just identify only one field if there are more than one.
Take a look on the image below at the name of the fields, both are related to the Field 1. It repeats the Field 1 instead of creating two fields, one for each action.

Screenshot at Mar 19 08-21-41.png

When using two Static action buttons Whatsapp Cloud API doesn't identify no one of them, as you can see on the images below:

Screenshot at Mar 19 08-34-34.png

no fidles.png

It seems that the bug is bigger than we supposed to be.
It seems that if we try to use more than one action button in the Whatsapp message template Pabbly workflow gets completally nuts.

So we need to find a solution here, guys.

Carlos Melo

Hi guys,
I'm sorry but if the action buttons are Static there is no field in the Whatsapp Cloud API of course.
Sorry about my mistake.

I'm waiting for the resolution about what really matters here.

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
Hello,

I am building a workflow which has Whatsapp Cloud API app as the last step.
The problem is that the app is asking for a field which it should not be asked for.

The message template I am using in it has two actions buttons, one Dinamic and other Static. However, the step is asking for the Static URL, along with the Dinamic URL, as you can see in the image below:

View attachment 39778

Please check the template builder in my whatsapp business account:

View attachment 39780

Please check the image below that I had to create to show you the URLs I'm using, because if I insert them here the forum turns them into clickable images.

View attachment 39784

Please note: the green part should come from the Dinamic button field, but what is added is the red URL which is brought from the Static field in my tests.

As a result, the Static button works fine but the Dinamic one doesn't.

I have been tryied a template message with only Dinamic button and it works fine.

Here you can see the message template that I receive from my test.

View attachment 39779

So Pabbly should not allow that wrong field to be there, which is causing this bug.
I require the developer team to fix it so that I can go ahead with my project.

Thank you,
Carlos Melo.
Please allow me some time to discuss this issue of yours with my team. We will get back to you with an update soon.

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
Please map a URL in the Dynamic URL field from the step above and enter the Static URL (which you have in your template) in the Static button field, then execute this action step. Kindly record a short screen recording during this process and show how the link appears in your WhatsApp message.
1710958788496.png

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Carlos Melo

The template field is essential for now. So please update the static field to a dynamic one and then pass the static data instant of mapping.

Our team is already been working on it and It may require some time, so please grant us patience. We will notify you once any changes have been made.

Carlos Melo

Hey @Carlos Melo

The template field is essential for now. So please update the static field to a dynamic one and then pass the static data instant of mapping.

Our team is already been working on it and It may require some time, so please grant us patience. We will notify you once any changes have been made.

Hi @Supreme,
Just to make sure, do you need I execute any action in my whatsapp template ?

Carlos Melo

Hello @Supreme, any update ?

Could you please provide me with some information on when I can have this resolved?
My project is on hold just waiting for this to be resolved.

Thank you. Regards.

Supreme

Staff member
As per the discussion with the technical team, it may not be possible to hide the static field in the WhatsApp Cloud action step. However, you can attempt to use the static fields without passing any values into them.

Status
Not open for further replies.