• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Clockify to Xero Invoicing

MTPI P/L

Initial admission - I run an HR consultancy - I'm not a coder and while I'm somewhat tech savvy, I'm no IT guru.

The Clockify invoicing functionality is limited; so we want to continue to create our invoices in Xero; however, need to bring project hours in Clockify across to the invoice.
We can't use the trigger 'create new invoice' in Clockify, as this just sets up the 'shell' for the invoice, before the project hours are imported.
We can't use the trigger 'update the invoice' in Clockify, as this seems to only bring across the first line item (unless this needs to be coded somehow - I saw a YouTube video where sales in shopify create an invoice and it looked like code had to be entered for the descriptions to appear on separate lines?) - and if we then further update the invoice in Clockify it doesn't automatically update the invoice in Xero - this would have to done by a second (and what looks like a very complicated) workflow.

It could work if we could use a trigger from Clockify such as 'invoice marked as sent'. This then should allow us to work on the invoice in Clockify and when the hours/line items are correct, we could mark it as sent and it would then replicate it in Xero via the integration (would we still need to code the separate line items)?

Please advise if this is possible.

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
Hey @MTPI P/L,

Please share your workflow with us at the provided email address so that we can gain a better understanding of your issue.
Email: [email protected]
Also, remember to revoke access once your query has been resolved.

Attaching a video for your reference:

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
We can't use the trigger 'update the invoice' in Clockify, as this seems to only bring across the first line item
Step 1. To get all the line items of your invoice, you need to Disable the Simple Response. Doing this will give you a response in an array format.

1681972445616.png

Step 2. After that, you need to add the Data Formatter: Line Itemizer to your workflow, which will give you a response in line items that you can then map while creating the Xero invoice.
1681972549202.png

It could work if we could use a trigger from Clockify such as 'invoice marked as sent'. This then should allow us to work on the invoice in Clockify and when the hours/line items are correct, we could mark it as sent and it would then replicate it in Xero via the integration (would we still need to code the separate line items)?

Please advise if this is possible.
As for this, we have added a Filter to your workflow, which will ensure that the data will replicate in Xero only if the status is marked as SENT.