• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

'Contact already Exists' Sendinblue

Sahil77

Hello Team,
If an existing subscriber buys another product of mine, the contact is not getting added to the sendinblue contact and I'm getting an error message of 'duplicate parameter' - contact already exists. As a result, the contact is not getting added to my Sendinblue list and the new product is not getting delivered.

Please advise on how can I get this resolved and allow the contact to be added again to the list.
Screenshot 2022-01-27 at 11.00.45 PM.png

Thanks in advance!

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Sahil77

If the contacts already exist in your Sendinblue account and if you want to create, it will give the "Contact already exists" message.

So, in that case, there is a workflow in which the existing user also makes a purchase, then in that case we need to use a Router for which one route will divert the process for new user and one route will divert for an existing user.

While looking into your respective workflow, you have changed the SendInblue action step.

For a better understanding of the Router action step, you can refer to our tutorial video -

Hermes

In this workflow you need to add an action "Get a contact information"
There are 2 possible responses, contact exists and contact doesnt exist.
After that you need to add a router (with filtering the responses, thats not easy because it's different for each tool).

In router 1 the action "create a contact" is needed, in router 2 you can delete that.

The way I debug these workflows is to first create the router where the contact doesn't exist.
Then copy that router, and again do the action "Get a contact information". Because by now that contact exists you can see the response you need to filter in router 2 and you can delete the first step there called "create a contact".
Next step is to close the router, refresh the workflow and go to router 2 and see in the steps where there are red flags. Those flags tells you the wrong information is matched (because we deleted something), you need to match it with the information from the step "get a contact information".

Good luck.