• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Converting milliseconds to mm:ss

salasia

Hi, I think there is a small bug in your Date/Time converter.
I need to convert the duration of a video in milliseconds to this format: mm:ss
But it works only starting from around 276000 ms (which is 04:36). Below that (as per my screenshot), the response is always 00:00
Could you please check and let me know if you can fix it?
Regards
Sergio

Attachments

• milliseconds.png
    milliseconds.png
    89 KB · Views: 61
P

Pabblymember11

Hey @salasia

It seems like you didn't pass the timestamp in the correct format in the Date Time Formatter action step.

Timestamp with millisecond format has 13 digits on it- 1254741245896, where you have passed the time with only 6 digits.

Kindly try passing the timestamp in the correct format and try again.

2022-02-02_17h58_26.png

salasia

Hi Supreme,

thank you for your reply. I don't need to format a proper timestamp, but the duration of a video, between 00:01 (one second) and 59:59.
I take this value from Google Drive, so for example:
5,000 ms = 5 seconds = 00:05
60,000 ms = 1 minute = 01:00
etc.

Now, after many experiments, I've realised that (for my purpose) Pabbly works only when the duration is over 4 minutes 36 seconds, otherwise it will just return 00:00.

Here for example:
600,000 ms = 10 minutes = 10:00
1643810000277.png

I was just wondering if this was something that can be fixed because it doesn't make sense that it works for higher values and it doesn't for smaller values.
Bests
Sergio

P

Pabblymember11

Hey @salasia

Date/Time Formatter doesn't work that way, it basically converts the date from one format to another. It doesn't convert time from milliseconds to mm: ss.

And if you want to convert the time from millisecond to minutes and seconds, you can try the mathematical formula for that.

2022-02-03_11h10_49.png

salasia

Hi @Supreme,

apparently it does work like that, as I've tried a lot of small millisecond values and it returns the right min:sec value. But weirdly enough it doesn't work for very very small values (below ~280000 ms) but I think it should. Because it would be like converting the very early timestamps that were used just past midnight Jan 1st 1970, example:
1643878044661.png

I know I can use the math formula to convert it, but it gives me the decimal seconds, not the "0-59" seconds. So for a video that is 4 and a half minutes long, I want to see 4:30 instead of 4.50.

Thanks for your patience ;)
Sergio